Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parents Visitor Visa

Default Parents Visitor Visa

Applied on 1st August Visitor Visa for parents.

Passport verified on 12th August.

Since then the status shows “under assessment” and hasn’t moved at all.

Getting conflicting info from call centre i.e. waiting for 2nd person check, some say quality check and others no timeframe at all.

All this AI system and stuff seems good for nothing. Any one in the same situation?

Yes, same situation here. Applied on 2nd August but passport verified on 20th August. Still under assessment. Any updates on yours? I'm really worried as I had booked the flights for 1st of october. I'm afraid I will have to move the date looks like. Very sad and dissappointed

"2nd person check" and "quality check" are terms often used for the same thing.

Hi There,
    I have a question.
    I want to apply my father's visitor visa. However, he is not computer literate. So, i can apply on his behalf from my ID? Or we will have to take help from an LIA?
    I am comfortable in applying for visas and have always applied myself. Thanks to JandM and ENZ Forum. Just wanted to check if it is possible to apply on behalf of someone else?

Thanks

It's possible, but your father needs to explicity authorise you to do this. In the case of a Visitor Visa, this is via the INZ 1224 form: he would need to fill this out and provide you with a scanned copy, which you would then need to attach to the online application.

Of course, the option still exists for your father to submit a paper application, should he so prefer.

Hi all,

Hope your PGVV applications have been approved or are in the process of getting approved soon.

My parents' PGVV was approved last Monday (19-Sep) which was quite quick as total processing time is about 6 weeks. They were both granted 3-year visitor visa with multiple entry conditions, and given that this was a sponsored application, they can stay up to 6 months straight (visa conditions state that the visa expires 6 months after each arrival).

Anyway, I have a question regarding this condition. Say, for example, my parents decide to stay in NZ for a total of 4 months, then they make a day-trip to Australia (e.g. leave New Zealand on a Saturday morning, and return the next day - arrival is past 12am), is that enough to reset their stay and will allow them to stay for another 4 to 5 months?

Thank you,
    MBB

Hi could you please share your timeline.From my understanding you can do as you mentioned . I know a friend whose parents went to Fiji for 2 days and got back to nz after that .

Quote Originally Posted by MBB View Post
    Hi all,

Hope your PGVV applications have been approved or are in the process of getting approved soon.

My parents' PGVV was approved last Monday (19-Sep) which was quite quick as total processing time is about 6 weeks. They were both granted 3-year visitor visa with multiple entry conditions, and given that this was a sponsored application, they can stay up to 6 months straight (visa conditions state that the visa expires 6 months after each arrival).

Anyway, I have a question regarding this condition. Say, for example, my parents decide to stay in NZ for a total of 4 months, then they make a day-trip to Australia (e.g. leave New Zealand on a Saturday morning, and return the next day - arrival is past 12am), is that enough to reset their stay and will allow them to stay for another 4 to 5 months?

Thank you,
    MBB
    Hi there, is this what the travel conditions state:

Travel conditions
    The start date of your visa is: 13-September-2022 You must arrive in New Zealand before: 12-September-2025
    Your visa has Multiple entry conditions

Visa conditions
    The holder shall not undertake employment in NZ. The holder shall not study for more than 3 months in every 12 month period in NZ.
    Stay subject to grant of entry permission.
    This visa expires 6 month(s) after each arrival.You must leave before visa expiry or face deportation."

I am confused if this means my father can enter once for 6 months or multiple times as long as each visit is no more than 6 months?

Quote Originally Posted by param912003 View Post
    Hi there, is this what the travel conditions state:

Travel conditions
    The start date of your visa is: 13-September-2022 You must arrive in New Zealand before: 12-September-2025
    Your visa has Multiple entry conditions

Visa conditions
    The holder shall not undertake employment in NZ. The holder shall not study for more than 3 months in every 12 month period in NZ.
    Stay subject to grant of entry permission.
    This visa expires 6 month(s) after each arrival.You must leave before visa expiry or face deportation."

I am confused if this means my father can enter once for 6 months or multiple times as long as each visit is no more than 6 months?
    It means your father can enter multiple times but each visit cannot be more than 6 months .can you please share your timeline ?

Thanks very much for the explanation.

I applied on 12 August 2022, passport asked to be sent to VAC on 14 August 2022. No reply until 30 August 2022, then got the passport back on 31 August 2022. Visa received on 13 September 2022

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast