Thread: Interpreting conditions of GVV

Default Interpreting conditions of GVV

Hi everyone, my father's visitor Visa got approved today. This is what his Visa document states:

"Travel conditions
    The start date of your visa is: 13-September-2022 You must arrive in New Zealand before: 12-September-2025
    Your visa has Multiple entry conditions

Visa conditions
    The holder shall not undertake employment in NZ. The holder shall not study for more than 3 months in every 12 month period in NZ.
    Stay subject to grant of entry permission.
    This visa expires 6 month(s) after each arrival.You must leave before visa expiry or face deportation."

I am not sure I understand the conditions correctly. Does it mean that my father can enter NZ multiple times before 13 September 2025 with each visit being no longer than 6 months?

I am a little confused what the combination of "multiple entries" and "Visa expiration 6 months after each arrival" imply? The word "each arrival" is also confusing.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Your visa has Multiple entry conditions
    I take this to mean, 'There are several (that is, more than one) entry conditions on your visa.' It then lists them under the heading Visa conditions.

It is normal that a visitor be given permission to come and go during the life of his/her visa, even if he/she does not ask for this. But there is a total limit on the length of time he/she can be in NZ. This may be of some help. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/know...-question-3816

Thanks JandM. Do the conditions allow multiple visits upto 6 months each or is it a single trip 6 months long? I found the language very confusing.

The visa expires 6 months after each arrival.
    Meaning
    If they arrived in nz on the 1st of October 2022, the Visa for that particular entry will be up until the 1st of April 2023. They need to leave NZ before that date. They can re enter nz after that since they have a multiple entry and a new 6 month period of travel would ensue.

This is my take based on the conditions they supplied.

Disclaimer:

This is not an immigration advice. Please seek a licensed immigration advisor for clear instructions.
    Last edited by chigz_fj; 15th September 2022 at 04:30 PM.

Thank you, I thought the same as you but I am just not sure. If someone on this forum could confirm, that would be super helpful. Otherwise I will get my snacks ready to be on the phone for 3+ hours with INZ.

Hi. Did you find out the answer to this question? As I have the same question regarding my in laws visa. Would appreciate your help