Thread: Transfer eVisa to new passport - Long processing time

Default Transfer eVisa to new passport - Long processing time

Has anyone recently experienced from long delay in transferring eVisa to new passport? I already submitted my application for a month but still no response from Immigration, even when trying to contact via email. The tracking from NZ Post said that my parcel was delivered on 16th Aug and I wonder if it could be lost within INZ. Should I send a new set of documents again? I am in New Zealand at the moment but plan to fly out of the contry soon then come back in mid October.

Any sharing/recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    Sakitran

I have sent my application and my partner to the Washington VAC to get the evisas transferred to new passports, they have charge for them on September 5th and no answer since then. Useless, it should not take more than 2 weeks… we have to fly to NZ soon, I though everything was going to be easy after residency but INZ keep being pretty useless

My partner applied recently to get his visa PR visa transferred to his new passport and it took 2 months. On the INZ website it says 90% are processed within 14 days but then further down it says:

Due to the impacts of COVID-19 we are experiencing delays in the processing of Permanent Resident Visas and Transfer of Visas to new passports. Transfer of Visas to new passports may take longer than indicated above. We apologise for any inconvenience and we are working hard to improve this.
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...sa-application

Hi in relation to your visa transfer, have you heard back or had it completed yet?

I submitted mine on the 6 of September, going by the time frames they state on the website i figured it wouldnt take too long even with delays but we fly out on the 8th of December to spend Christmas with family back in Ireland and our first baby to meet my family. Now i am without a passport nor a visa or any idea where to even start to ask whats going on and if ill even make our flight

So stressful thinking about having to cancel the trip

Hi both, did you receive your e-visa? When did you apply, when did you receive it? Same situation here with a travel at Christmas.

We sent our application on 15th Oct and received PR evisa on the 18th Nov, about 1 month.

Thanks, that's great news !