Thread: Did anyone get their citizenship quickly?

Default Did anyone get their citizenship quickly?

Im just wondering. I applied for citizenship Oct 2021. Even till now I got nothing from inz. No emails or anything. Not even sure what is the status of my papers. I'm curious as to how inz works. Some get their citizenship months after applying while mine will take almost a year. Is there some prioritization that is going on in inz for citizenship atm that I am not aware?

You would definitely not get any emails from INZ regarding your citizenship application, as INZ does not handle citizenship applications. These are the responsibility of the Department of Internal Affairs.

The Department of Internal Affairs generally does not prioritize one application over another (except in limited exceptional circumstances). However, an applicant's own circumstances can, and will, affect how long an application takes to be processed: in some cases, an automated check performed by the Department of Internal Affairs may indicate that you clearly meet one of the requirements of citizenship, which consequently results in less manual processing, and a faster overall processing time.

If your application, submitted 11 months ago, is still being processed, then more likely than not this means that your individual circumstances are such that the automated checks have not indicated that you clearly meet all of the requirements for citizenship, and consequently more time consuming manual processing and verification is required to be performed on your application.

Further information may be found here.

Thanks, everyone for the help and info.

Just an update, just got my citizenship approved after a year of waiting. I am not sure if there was a problem on my part as I did not receive any message from DFA aside from approval. Just waiting for the ceremonies team to contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by skadsuh View Post
    I am not sure if there was a problem on my part as I did not receive any message from DFA aside from approval.
    In general, citizenship officers will only contact applicants if further information is required. It would not be uncommon for an automated check to fail and for more time-consuming manual processing to be required, but also for no further information being requested.