Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parent Grandparent visitor Visa

my status only went under assessment after i submitted the medicals.I know someone who was under assessment before the medicals but that was an error and when a case officer was assigned, they asked for full medicals.The under assessment files are usually on a queue to be allocated to a case officer from my understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by ljt View Post
    my status only went under assessment after i submitted the medicals.I know someone who was under assessment before the medicals but that was an error and when a case officer was assigned, they asked for full medicals.The under assessment files are usually on a queue to be allocated to a case officer from my understanding.
    Thanks mate

I applied for my parents' PGVV on August 14th. Got medicals submitted by mid September, showing under assessment since 2 weeks. I called up and the rep told it doesn't get allocated to a specific case officer instead sits with the pool of CO's. My application is well over 65 working days (90% of the applications processed as mentioned on their website). Not sure if anyone is in the same boat as me? Not sure if it is now worthwhile applying for general visitor visa instead and withdraw this application. I have heard few people doing that and getting visa approved within a week.

Mother’s Parent/grand parent visitor visa Approved

Applied September 6th
    Approved Today .

If you are waiting, hang in there .

Quote Originally Posted by onyiking View Post
    Mother’s Parent/grand parent visitor visa Approved

Applied September 6th
    Approved Today .

If you are waiting, hang in there .
    Thank you. Finally got their visa approved yesterday.

Hi, my parents have applied October 8th and the medical has been submitted for 3 weeks now and still no progress on the application. I saw in INZ website they are having problems for those who have submitted application 1 Aug to 21 Sept. I am just hoping my parents visa were not affected.

Quote Originally Posted by 9rateek View Post
    Thank you. Finally got their visa approved yesterday.
    What did you put for estimated date of arrival and departure? my wife and I would like her parents to come to NZ to visit but we are not sure exactly when yet, we would like to apply for the visa, then if it is granted look at options for flights for when they could come

Quote Originally Posted by David12345 View Post
    What did you put for estimated date of arrival and departure? my wife and I would like her parents to come to NZ to visit but we are not sure exactly when yet, we would like to apply for the visa, then if it is granted look at options for flights for when they could come
    Hi David, I did put in October 23rd as the estimated date of arrival (the visa was granted on 16th Nov). Good luck for the application.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12