Thread: Time for Assessment of SMC Application

Default Time for Assessment of SMC Application

Hi, I submitted mine in July 2020. On 05 Sept 2022 I got a mail saying they are preparing my application for final assessment, and asked me to submit few missing docs within 3 days and I did.

Then in weeks time I sent a mail asking about an update, but did not reply.

Waiting....

Anyone has similar experience !!!

Pepsi

Yes, many people, many times.

Immigration works on the basis of rotating work queues. The official is ALSO working scores of other cases in rotation with yours. S/He takes the first file, reads any replies that have come in, ticks off anything that can now be ticked off, and sends out any further queries that have arisen, then puts that file to the back, takes the next case and does the same - and so on, and so on. Whatever replies come in go to the relevant file, wherever it is in the CO's rotating queue. The CO won't see and deal with those replies until that file has once again worked its way to the front of the queue for its next turn for his/her attention. It's only when the CO looks at your case and ALL the queries have been answered and ALL points ticked off that s/he can recommend an outcome. So, though you sent the missing documents very quickly, the CO will not necessarily have seen them that quickly, to have taken any further action arising from them. Also, not all COs reply if they haven't anything new to say - imagine all the time it would take to write to all their 60+ cases, saying, 'No, nothing yet...'

Another point - if those documents were the last things that needed to be ticked off, your CO may have recommended an outcome for your case, and sent it for second-person checking. If that is so, it will have joined another queue to wait for the 2nd pc official's attention. And no, you would not have been notified of that routinely.

In any case, when there is anything to tell you, INZ will be in touch. There's nothing out of the ordinary in your experience that needs to worry you at this stage.

Thank you JandM for your quick reply, It is very clear, thank you

Pepsi

I contacted the immigration officer who requested my missing documents and he informed me that my application is assigned to a different person and no longer with him.