Thread: Filling Form INZ1023

Default Filling Form INZ1023

Hi there
    I am applying to transfer my PR Sticker label in my old passport to my new passport as an E visa
    Do I need to fill Section C or just Section B is sufficient
    I will fill Section D
    Cheers

Unfortunately, this forum cannot answer this question: telling you how to complete the form falls within the scope of providing immigration advice.

The directions for Section C of the INZ 1023 clearly state: "Complete this section if you were granted a residence permit under the Immigration Act 1987 or Immigration
    Act 1964 or you arrived before 2 April 1974 for the purpose of permanent residence and you need your residence
    status confirmed."

The current Immigration act in effect is the Immigration Act of 2009, which was granted assent on 16 November 2009.

So, when were you granted residence? Was it before or after 16 November 2009? There's your answer.

Hi there
    I have one more doubt
    Along with the form 1023, I have to send the certified copies of my old and new passports
    Which pages of the passport should I send ?
    I was thinking of sending The Bio page, the first page, the last page and the page with the NZ PR Sticker for both the passports
    Cheers

When someone asks you for a copy of your passport, which pages would you send? The same rule applies here too.

https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9843 This old thread has people saying you need to copy all pages of the passport.

Does anyone have more recent experience?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9843 This old thread has people saying you need to copy all pages of the passport.

Does anyone have more recent experience?
    Just found this page on NZ immigration website
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/know...-question-7058

Will it apply for me ?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by farfaraway View Post
    When someone asks you for a copy of your passport, which pages would you send? The same rule applies here too.
    If I knew it, why would I ask ?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by newbienz View Post
    Just found this page on NZ immigration website
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/know...-question-7058

Will it apply for me ?
    Cheers
    I don't see why it wouldn't - that's INZ's own web page, dated 2022.

So, for others reading this later...
    If providing a certified copy of your passport, Immigration New Zealand only requires a copy of the biodata page, where your photo, name, date of birth and identity details are displayed. We do not require certified copies of each page of your passport.
    It does also say that immigration staff will let you know if they require anything else (such as a sight of your actual passport) for any reason.

"If providing a certified copy of your passport, Immigration New Zealand only requires a copy of the biodata page, where your photo, name, date of birth and identity details are displayed. We do not require certified copies of each page of your passport." It clearly says it.

In your place I would send the originals to avoid any further delays ( you would need to include a paid return NZ post envelop to return original passport). It costs just $8 NZD for a return envelop and all good to go, no need to look for JP to certify/print out etc etc. Easy and simple

However, in my case, I only sent certified copies as per the INZ site ( as per the above wordings).

What I know ( from my researches and experience with transferring label to a new passport as e-visa very recently) is that if ever INZ had sighted your original passport at least once in the past ( any of your passport) then you are all good with a certified copy for transferring the visa.
    Last edited by farfaraway; 28th December 2022 at 01:34 PM.