Thread: Parent Visitor Visa- Change in emplopyment

Default Parent Visitor Visa- Change in emplopyment

Hi, My parent's visitor visa has been approved for 1 year (from now till Dec 2023) with multiple entries. 6 month max to stay each visit.

My mum is the main applicant and my dad is a secondary applicant. My mum is not working however my dad is. We have summitted the annual leave form (6 weeks) for my dad as evidence, we also have outward ticket.

My question is if my parents were to stay longer like 6 months and my dad resigns from his work. Do I need to notify the Immigration?

I cannot find anything online regarding this. Really appreciate any answers. Thank you

E4.75 contains information pertaining to the obligation to inform INZ of all relevant facts, including changed circumstances. To summarize: ou are obliged to inform INZ of any material change of circumstances that occurs after the application is made, including if that change may affect a decision to grant entry permission in reliance on the visa for which the application is made. Failure to do so can have severe consequences. Note too, that if the visa is already granted, a material change in circumstances may lead to the refusal of entry permission at the border (see Y4.25 and Y4.35).

Should the change of circumstances occur while the applicant is in New Zealand, a different temporary entry class visa may be applied for (see E3.30 and E3.35).

EDIT: A related personal experience of my own. While I was originally in New Zealand on a Visitor Visa (scoping things out on a "look, see, decide" trip), I received a firm job offer. Within a few days of that, I had gotten my medical done and lodged the application for the appropriate Work Visa, which was subsequently approved less than 2 weeks later.
    Last edited by Kelerei; 12th December 2022 at 03:37 PM.