Thread: Checklist for move

Default Checklist for move

Hi, I'm moving to NZ in 2 weeks.
    1. How can I find a place for accomadation ? Any suggesed site? What to be considered.

2. Hope I can get a mobile connection at the airport. Any suggestion ?

Pepsi

For where to go immediately upon your arrival, I suggest you do a Google search for, for instance, <<hostels in (whichever city)>>, or <<hotels in (whichever city)>> and you can choose your preferred price range to enter, depending on your preference and your budget. Then you'll have somewhere as a base while you look around for something longer term. Probably other forum members may have some specific recommendations.

Trade Me https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/ is NZ's main online selling site, with a big property section. Looking on there for accommodation in the area you would prefer will give you an idea, also, of the real estate agencies covering that district, so you could contact some of them directly.

You can buy a NZ SIM card at Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch airport. If you're going to be staying in Auckland, the main mobile phone providers all have shops on Queen Street in the CBD, and you may get more choice and a better deal there, if you can wait till you go there.

Thank you JandM