Thread: Parents applying for visitor visa

Default Parents applying for visitor visa

Hi all,

My wife's parents plan to apply for the parents/grandparents visitor visa from overseas, they are doing it online and we were wondering how the sponsorship is done? my wife will be sponsoring them, so I understand she needs to fill something out for this, but how is that done when her parents are applying online? when they open their application online there is the different sections to fill out like "identity details", "purpose of visit", "character" etc, but nothing about sponsorship.

With the parent/grandparent visitor visa I know that sponsorship is required, but we don't know how my wife is supposed to supply the requirement information to go with their application?

The only thing I could think of is my wife needs to print the sponsorship form, fill it out, scan it and send it to them, then they upload it as part of their supporting documents? id like to know if this is the correct way of doing it though?

As far as I know, Your wife will need to create an online account at INZ. That will generate a unique ID.
    Then her parents will need to put her unique ID at the sponsorship section.
    Once that's done and the application is submitted, your wife will get an email from INZ to approve the sponsorship online. She will need to fill up an online form in the process.
    I hope it helps

I applied for my parents visitor visa using my realme login as I applied on their behalf. I then received an email later on (few days later)and I used the same real me login to do sponsored part. My parent's visa is approved. Hope this helps.