Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Citizenship timeline in 2023

Thanks and I don't think my reference was contacted, I believe they're only contacted if the identity check during the application submission has failed

Hi, I'm getting ready to apply for citizenship soon. I wanted to ask if the identity verification process for citizenship applications is similar to the real me identity verification, where they require you to do a video with actions like blinking, shaking your head right and left exactly as shown. Or is it just recording a video of your face without these specific actions? Thank you .

Thanks ankirs for the confirmation. I do hope we're as lucky as you and we hear back from the DIA this December

Hi Banupriyam - from what I recall, we weren't required to move or to make specific actions. But you have to make sure that you're in a well-lit area when taking your photo. My partner had to move around our house to find the best spot and repeat it several times and before the system accepted his photo.

MBB- Thanks a lot for the info …

Quote Originally Posted by Banupriyam View Post
    MBB- Thanks a lot for the info …
    Hi, yes they require you to do a video with actions like blinking, shaking your head right and left exactly as shown.

I see …thanks …real me video identity process was a bit challenging as it didn’t allow retries until we got it right …

Hi everyone, got my citizenship approval today. My reference wasn’t contacted (for those of you who are curious about this bit).

Eligibility met July 2023 (if we’re counting 4 years + 240 days), but as I said in my original post I forgot that I could’ve applied earlier.

Applied on 9 November 2023
    Grant email 10 December 2023.

Hi Ankirs, just a quick question as I saw your post about citizenship ceremonies. I’m based in Auckland Central. Trust you’ve already attended your ceremony? Would you happen to know how often the Auckland Central council does these ceremonies or when the next one is? I’m traveling in April 2024 (declared this in my citizenship application, which was approved today). Will also email the ceremonies team tomorrow. Because if they’re holding one in January 2024 would really want to be part of that, so i still have have time to get an NZ passport before I travel. Otherwise it would have to be after when i get back to NZ in late May and will use my PR visa to get back (I hope it doesn’t get canceled before then!).

Quote Originally Posted by ankirs View Post
    THANK YOU! Just an update, a bit of a crazy morning here as I got my ceremony invite less than an hour after my approval email, (in fact before I even wrote my previous message) It is in less than 2 weeks which is completely unexpected, had to cut my trip short but after 11 years of wait this is just a minor inconvenience.
    Hi Ankirs, just a quick question as I saw your post about citizenship ceremonies. I’m based in Auckland Central. Trust you’ve already attended your ceremony? Would you happen to know how often the Auckland Central council does these ceremonies or when the next one is? I’m traveling in April 2024 (declared this in my citizenship application, which was approved today). Will also email the ceremonies team tomorrow. Because if they’re holding one in January 2024 would really want to be part of that, so i still have have time to get an NZ passport before I travel. Otherwise it would have to be after when i get back to NZ in late May and will use my PR visa to get back (I hope it doesn’t get canceled before then!).

Hi there,

Congrats! May I ask you if you are from a visa waiver country? I have heard that makes things faster, but I am from one and nothing happened since we applied on 30th Oct this year, so I am getting a bit worried that somehow we ended up in another bucket (I failed photo identification as our Internet broke down in that sec and it did not let me do another one ). Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by jsb88 View Post
    Hi everyone, got my citizenship approval today. My reference wasn’t contacted (for those of you who are curious about this bit).

Eligibility met July 2023 (if we’re counting 4 years + 240 days), but as I said in my original post I forgot that I could’ve applied earlier.

Applied on 9 November 2023
    Grant email 10 December 2023.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast