Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 19202122 LastLast

Thread: Citizenship timeline in 2023

Hi fellow members

I have been waiting for 11 months, applied Apr 2023. Untill now the application is still waiting for a case officer to be allocated!

I have no clue why my application didn't went through automated processing. No name change, sufficient years in country to meet presence requirement, no offenses.

To me it seems, the system might be considering amount of people per ethnicity and if you are either Indian or Chinese you are put on slow burner haha..because there are too many of these ethnicities applying.. other than that I am unable to think of any other weird reason.. haha.

Are there anyone who are or were on same boat to wait that long? Part of me thinks the system is not doing fair job to make a lot of people wait for as long as an year while some could get through in 2-6 weeks of time!

https://tikatangata.org.nz/human-rig...in-legislation
    The kind of selection you suggest would be against the law, as you see at this link.

I'm waiting longer than you. European. So maybe Europeans are in the slow line and you are in the faster one...

Apply on solo applicant would be faster.

My wife applied on her own, approved in 1 month. (Stayed 4+ years only)
    My application included our kid, it took 1 year.

My co-worker applied on her own, approved in 1 month.

Application : 29/01/2023
    Request for Last name spelling check: 13/10/2023
    Notification to confirm details of citizenship (CO start work): 15/03/2023
    Request for spell check on middle name: 25/03/2024
    Approved: 27/03/2024
    Ceremony: 13/05/2024

Thanks ENZ forum for the journey, it was tough but I finally got there.

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by w1000n View Post
    Application : 29/01/2023
    Request for Last name spelling check: 13/10/2023
    Notification to confirm details of citizenship (CO start work): 15/03/2023
    Request for spell check on middle name: 25/03/2024
    Approved: 27/03/2024
    Ceremony: 13/05/2024

Thanks ENZ forum for the journey, it was tough but I finally got there.
    Congratulations,
    Why it took several name check?
    have you changed your name?

Quote Originally Posted by Monu View Post
    Hi fellow members

I have been waiting for 11 months, applied Apr 2023. Untill now the application is still waiting for a case officer to be allocated!

I have no clue why my application didn't went through automated processing. No name change, sufficient years in country to meet presence requirement, no offenses.

To me it seems, the system might be considering amount of people per ethnicity and if you are either Indian or Chinese you are put on slow burner haha..because there are too many of these ethnicities applying.. other than that I am unable to think of any other weird reason.. haha.

Are there anyone who are or were on same boat to wait that long? Part of me thinks the system is not doing fair job to make a lot of people wait for as long as an year while some could get through in 2-6 weeks of time!
    Are you sure that your photo meets the requirements? Mine didn't even though the online photo checker said yes.

Quote Originally Posted by HansNZ View Post
    Are you sure that your photo meets the requirements? Mine didn't even though the online photo checker said yes.
    Wow seriously! How do you come to know that your photo had a problem? I am struggling to understand why there could be a problem on photo when the online photo checker didn't flagged any!

Quote Originally Posted by Monu View Post
    Hi fellow members

I'm in same situation as yours, you never know what's the real rule for automatic checking. Unlucky waiting might be a lucky thing in future, so let's just wait for a bit longer, shouldn't be too far away.
    Last edited by superclimber; 29th March 2024 at 07:56 PM.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 19202122 LastLast