Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: citizenship presence calculator with error code 213

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijj View Post
    You can search for a document "OIA request 21/22 0423 - Request for the presence calculator formula", which shows the overall logic of the presence calculator.

I extract the error code from that document

Response code/Description
    200 Eligible
    204 No identity found
    210 Multiple identities found
    211 Eligible within 3 months <month> <year>
    212 Not eligible
    213 Not eligible due to visa
    214 No travel movements found
    215 Consecutive travel movements found
    216 Not eligible due to visa validity period too short
    Thanks for relaying the codes! According to my calculation I will be eligible next week - but am getting 216 now. I will worry next week (or hopefully not!)
    Last edited by mara_visa; 29th March 2023 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mara_visa View Post
    Thanks for relaying the codes! According to my calculation I will be eligible next week - but am getting 216 now. I will worry next week (or hopefully not!)
    Good luck and please do let us know the result next week....

Good luck and please do let us know the result next week....
    Just to update you - yes it now shows I am eligible. I guess "216" simply meant that I did not have the residence visa for long enough. And once my time came, it changed to 'eligible'.

I applied when the calculator said "not eligible".

I found out last week it was "213", so emailed DIA.

This is their response:

"It does appear to be a system error, and I can confirm that after checking manually, you did meet presence when you lodged your application.

This information has been updated in our system and when your application is assigned to a case officer they will be in touch should there be anything further required for your application."
    Last edited by HansNZ; 3rd April 2023 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HansNZ View Post
    I applied when the calculator said "not eligible".

I found out last week it was "213", so emailed DIA.

This is their response:

"It does appear to be a system error, and I can confirm that after checking manually, you did meet presence when you lodged your application.

This information has been updated in our system and when your application is assigned to a case officer they will be in touch should there be anything further required for your application."

Thanks for the updates!

I finally got a reply from DIA last Friday as well, asking me to provide my personal information to do check with immigration records.
    And I got another reply today saying following:

"I cannot tell why the online calculator did not work for you, but please be assured that you meet this requirement now. If you also meet the other standard requirements for citizenship you can apply."

I have applied as soon as I got this reply.

Should I approach to the person to mark my application in the system as well?

Still need to wait for several month before fulfilling the presence requirements of citizenship application. But after seeing this thread I am a little bit worry and tried the presence calculator. Bingo, I joined the error code 213 family. (My wife and son have similar travel records as me, but without a working visa in between the application of resident visa, and they have the normal code - not eligible 212).

May be let me highlight the key days of my case as follows and let me ask a few questions please.
    2014 - apply resident visa
    2015 - apply working visa, then approved within 1 month (it should be expired in 2016)
    2016 - resident visa approved
    2018 - apply extension of resident visa for two years (know as SSRV - Subsequent Secondary Resident Visa)
    2020 - apply Permanent Resident (PR)
    2023(March/April) - I have just renewed my passport and is applying to transfer the PR to the new passport.

May I ask a few questions here:
    (1) Did you apply any other visa (such as PR, I think may be yes) after the work visa and resident visa were approved. I don't understand why in my case I applied for quite a few additional visas after the Working Visa but seems their "dates" are still link to my first resident visa application in 2014

(2) I frequently use the Visa Verification online service to confirm my visa status. But you mentioned that there is a "visa history of the online service in INZ". Would you mind share the link for me. Or I should email INZ to ask for this?

(3) I am relatively LUCKY as there is still a few months for me to try to rescue my error code 213. Please do share with us for the latest status so that I know whether I should approach INZ, IA, or both. Thanks so much for your help.
    Sorry for my late reply kiwijj, I was preparing for my exams.

To answer your questions:
    1. I applied PR after the work visa and resident visa were approved. I guess (that's just my hypothesis, so please don't take it too seriously) they use different system once a person get residency visa. If you log onto the online service of INZ, you will noticed that there is no PR record in your visa history. I ASSUME the DIA use the same database as the one showing in the online service of INZ for visa history.
    2. Unfortunately, I have no link for that. You can just login the INZ and see your previous visa application history. Back to point 1, that's my assumption that DIA might use the same data. I don't know what you could ask INZ for, I cannot help for this sorry.
    3. Glad you still have time to sort this out. Personally, I don't think you can do much BEFORE you are actually eligible. As HansNZ mentioned in his reply, you can email DIA after you applied and let them update your info in their system.

Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mara_visa View Post
    Hi I can see my code is 200 , but result says I am not eligible at the moment ?

I have got email from DIA today that they will manually check my application to see it mine can go to the expedited queue or not.

A step in the right direction, I hope.

Has anyone received the response as below?
    211 Eligible within 3 months <month> <year>

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast