Thread: Residence OET English Requirement

Default Residence OET English Requirement

Hi everyone,
    I have been looking at the operations manual regarding the English requirement for straight to residence visa; however, there is no mention on how many tests to take to achieve the required score as it only specified that the English test should be valid for 2 years. I am wondering if it is possible to resit a specific competency (e.g. 1 out of 4) that did not pass the requirement or do you need to take the whole (4 out of 4) again for OET? Thank you so much.

OET's FAQ states that you should contact the Regulatory Authority that governs your profession to see if they allow you to sit individual subtests, or if all four subtests are required in one sitting. Therefore, you should contact INZ directly for clarification.

Thanks Kelerei, appreciate that. If I follow the regulatory authority, it did say that it allows to achieve minimum score in more than one sitting. I also asked INZ and did say it is fine but the officer was quite new to the rules as well so I just want to be very sure. Cheers.