Thread: Getting loan for a work visa holder without PR with permanent full time job

Default Getting loan for a work visa holder without PR with permanent full time job

Does anybody have any info about getting loan from any institution inside NZ for those who just have a work visa (not PR or R) and have a permanent full time job?

Depends on what type of loan you are seeking. For example, if you are seeking to finance a vehicle, it's possible. You show your pay slips and visa, and they will stretch your finance out for the duration of your visa. But an unsecured personal loan? No.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewKiwi View Post
    Depends on what type of loan you are seeking. For example, if you are seeking to finance a vehicle, it's possible. You show your pay slips and visa, and they will stretch your finance out for the duration of your visa. But an unsecured personal loan? No.
    Banks I know it is a bit hard or impossible but institutions as you mentioned yes. I bought a car so is it possible to buy a car then apply for loan?

Banks I know it is a bit hard or impossible but institutions as you mentioned yes. I bought a car so is it possible to buy a car then apply for loan?

Maybe you could secure a personal loan using a vehicle as collateral, but that it not something with which I am familiar. You would need to research that to see if it is possible.

Maybe you could secure a personal loan using a vehicle as collateral, but that it not something with which I am familiar. You would need to research that to see if it is possible.
    Thank you very much