Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Straight to Residence Visa

Quote Originally Posted by farooq0520 View Post
    i already call them, INZ said, it's in que waiting for some information to come back, not sure what that means?
    In order to verify evidence, INZ contact whoever can tell them that, yes, the applicant did do that course, or did work at that company, etc.. They can't tick off each point till they have had the replies, and they can't decide the case till all the points have been ticked off.

@JandM: Do you know how long it takes for INZ to issue our resident eVisa?
    We received an AIP letter on 30 May. On 14 June we sent our passports + AIP + English contract/fee for my wife (PELT) to London, which is our nearest visa application centre, and got them back in a day or two. We thought that our passports would be labelled with a visa but this was not the case and the VAC said that they had just checked our passports and sent some forms back to INZ.

Everything with INZ works on date order queues, so your timing for this last phase depends on your case waiting its turn behind however many were on the clerks' list when your name was added. There's no set time.

INZ aren't using visa labels these days, unless an applicant applies for one separately.https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...r-for-passport

I see, I though it's faster than AIP decision process.
    I was actually planning to open a NZ bank account once I got the eVisa but I guess, there is nothing we can do at the moment, thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by junijo View Post
    @JandM: Do you know how long it takes for INZ to issue our resident eVisa?
    We received an AIP letter on 30 May. On 14 June we sent our passports + AIP + English contract/fee for my wife (PELT) to London, which is our nearest visa application centre, and got them back in a day or two. We thought that our passports would be labelled with a visa but this was not the case and the VAC said that they had just checked our passports and sent some forms back to INZ.
    I had talked to immigration and confirm this from them, there is no label for this visa, it will be only AIP. They asked for the passports to verify the original passports that's it. So don't worry, you have the approval.

Quote Originally Posted by junijo View Post
    I see, I though it's faster than AIP decision process.
    I was actually planning to open a NZ bank account once I got the eVisa but I guess, there is nothing we can do at the moment, thanks for the information.
    Indeed this is the fastest i have ever heard. I have been waiting for the last 2 months, still no news and hoping to hear something soon.

Indeed this is the fastest i have ever heard. I have been waiting for the last 2 months, still no news and hoping to hear something soon.
    Good luck and keep us updated!

I had talked to immigration and confirm this from them, there is no label for this visa, it will be only AIP. They asked for the passports to verify the original passports that's it. So don't worry, you have the approval.
    You will still get a PDF record of the eVisa... AIP is just approval in principle - it's not a visa.

Yes, it seems that our journey to Middle Earth is not yet complete. I called INZ from Germany on Friday (5pm Auckland time) and asked if someone could check our visa status as we haven't received our eVisas two weeks after sending our passports to VAC. I have just received an email today from a support officer stating that I have received the wrong amount for the ESOL fee as stated in the previous AIP letter. The fee should be $6795.00 instead of $6195.00.
    I'm just hoping that we don't have to send all our passports back to the nearest visa application centre (which is London in our case) and just send back the completed ESOL fee and agreement forms directly by email.

The caveat is: you can't rely on the system, if something doesn't give you feedback after a certain amount of time, you should ask for feedback or a status update. If I didn't ask for a status update last Friday, I guess I'll never get my eVisa, right?

Ouch, SYMPATHIES! Had they just raised the fee, or was it a typo?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast