Thread: Partnership work visa expiring soon, partnership residence may not arrive in time. Advice?

Default Partnership work visa expiring soon, partnership residence may not arrive in time. Advice?

Hi,

My partnership work visa expires in a month. I submitted my partnership residence visa about 3 months ago. What are my options if my partnership residence visa doesnt arrive in time? I have a job here, my partner is an NZ citizen and have kids with NZ passports. From what immigraion are saying I need to apply for another partner work visa and if that doesn't arrive before my current one expires then I get issued an interim one with the same conditions. It seems a bit mad having to pay for yet another visa as well

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nobla View Post
    From what immigraion are saying I need to apply for another partner work visa and if that doesn't arrive before my current one expires then I get issued an interim one with the same conditions. It seems a bit mad having to pay for yet another visa as well
    It's either this, or leave New Zealand and await the decision offshore. An Interim Visa is only granted to people who have applied for temporary entry class visas (I1.5(a)). Applying for a further Work Visa will trigger this; applying for a Resident Visa will not.

There are two cases where an Interim Visa may be granted to people who have applied for residence class visas: applicants for the 2021 Resident Visa (I2), and applicants for the Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa under the new points system which will take effect in October (I3, which is not yet in the operational manual but the details may be found in Amendment Circular 2013-19).