Thread: SMC Job Search Visa Arrival Date

Default SMC Job Search Visa Arrival Date

Dear all,

I obtained my JSV approval on 24 July 2023. The Visa Details on the letter tells I must arrive in NZ before July 2024 but it is noted in the SMC Job Search Employer Information that if the JSV is granted to a person outside NZ, it allows them 3 months to travel to NZ and is valid for 9 months after their arrival in NZ.

I read from another post in 2017 that yes it is a requirement for JSV holder to first arrive within 3 months of the approval. I will be grateful if anyone here can advise whether such requirement is still valid or I can first arrive anytime before the specified date in the approval letter, i.e. before 24 July 2024.

Thanks in advance!

Julian

Quote Originally Posted by Julianw View Post
    Dear all,

I obtained my JSV approval on 24 July 2023. The Visa Details on the letter tells I must arrive in NZ before July 2024 but it is noted in the SMC Job Search Employer Information that if the JSV is granted to a person outside NZ, it allows them 3 months to travel to NZ and is valid for 9 months after their arrival in NZ.

I read from another post in 2017 that yes it is a requirement for JSV holder to first arrive within 3 months of the approval. I will be grateful if anyone here can advise whether such requirement is still valid or I can first arrive anytime before the specified date in the approval letter, i.e. before 24 July 2024.

Thanks in advance!

Julian
    Immigration instructions can and do change over time, so whatever you read in 2017 may no longer be current. Whatever is printed on the visa itself should be considered the absolute source of truth.

You may also verify for yourself by using the Visa Verification Service.