Thread: Pre-Purchasing ESOL Tution - Praent Resident Visa

Default Pre-Purchasing ESOL Tution - Praent Resident Visa

Hi There,
    The EOI for my father's parent resident visa was selected recently and we are now applying for the Resident Visa. He has been preparing for the english language test, as he wanted to. However, i have a question in case he doesn't get the minimum score.
    How do i pre-purchase the ESOL course to apply for the residency?

How much would be the fees? I see conflicting information.
    There is an article on this page (https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...in-new-zealand), that says the fees is dependent on the score you get in one of the English tests. It can be anywhere between $1,735 and $6,795.

Then there is another article here (https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/46407.htm) that says "F4.15.10 The amount of ESOL tuition to be pre-purchased by applicants
    For the purposes of the Parent Category, the amount of ESOL tuition to be paid is NZ$1,735 per applicant, which gives an ESOL entitlement of NZ$1,533.33 per applicant."

So my questions are:
    1. When and how do i pre-purchase the ESOL courses.
    2. Would the fees depend on the score my father gets in the english test?
    3. or it would be $1,735 regardless of the score?

Thanks

You have found an outdated immigration instruction that ceased to be effective in 2019. F4.25 is the current version, however F4.25.10 is identical to the pre-2019 F4.15.10. You may consider F4.25.10 to be the absolute source of truth in this regard.

The sliding scale of ESOL tuition fees applies to non-principal applicants under the Skilled Migrant Category: see SM4.20.

Thank you so much Kelerei