Thread: Medical emergency of the mother

Default Medical emergency of the mother

Hi folks
    Need urgent advice
    My mother fell sick and admitted to the hospital since last Thursday.
    We have insurance but I don’t think they would cover existing conditions of heart valve.

Please help

what should we do now?
    any charity or anything hospital could help.
    Can hospital waive by chance as no affability to pay.

Middlemore hospital

Any advice will be appreciated

What is her visa status? Also, her nationality?

Are you saying she may be covered on YOUR insurance, or is there a policy in her name?

Insurance is on her name.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    What is her visa status? Also, her nationality?

Are you saying she may be covered on YOUR insurance, or is there a policy in her name?
    She is on visitor visa and Indian National.

She has pre existing condition like heart valve replacement back in India in 2016.

But she was sick here due to blood clot which made her sick badly.
    Thanks

I think the things you need to investigate are these.

Did the insurance company know, when issuing the policy, that she had had the valve replacement?

Where in the body did the blood clot arise? (Thinking, it may be nothing to do with her previous surgery.) Was it perhaps due to an accidental knock, or fall?

I think the things you need to investigate are these.

Did the insurance company know, when issuing the policy, that she had had the valve replacement?

Where in the body did the blood clot arise? (Thinking, it may be nothing to do with her previous surgery.) Was it perhaps due to an accidental knock, or fall?
    They didn’t ask about the pre existing conditions as I bought policy from agent in NZ. They don’t know.

Blood clot was near between valve and lungs.

My mother is here in NZ since October last year and we already booked her flight on 13th February. But unfortunately she fell sick on 1 lst February.

Thanks

Is there anything in the small print of the policy which refers to pre-existing conditions?

Do the doctors say the blood clot was because of the valve replacement? - 2016 is a long time ago.

Is there anything in the small print of the policy which refers to pre-existing conditions?

Do the doctors say the blood clot was because of the valve replacement? - 2016 is a long time ago.
    My mother is on blood thinning medicine.
    In the policy it says heart related conditions are not automatically covered.

I can see why you're anxious, but at the moment there isn't any definite 'no', is there? The blood clot MAY not be heart-related - I have a friend who right now has a blood clot because a car door was caught in the wind and banged shut on her leg, then the blood clot travelled from the original injury. In your place, I would be asking the doctors to explain all the possibilities very thoroughly. Then, "not AUTOMATICALLY covered." What does that mean? When you have talked to the doctors so you know what they think is wrong with your mother, and why, then you will be in a better position to talk to the insurance company.