Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Citizenship timeline in 2024

Hi

Can someone please help to put my mind at ease?

Since we havenít heard back anything on our citizenship application, does it mean we may end up waiting for a year or so? Despite the fact that the lady at the DIA call centre said that the automatic checks would have been completed, and she sees no issues with our application, Its in Progress and waiting for a CO. What could be the reason for delay?

How accurate is this information that if you donít receive the approval within two months, of submission, then you end up waiting over a year?

Has anyone got approvals within 4 to 7 months from submitting their application in 2024?

Does everyone who hasnít been approved in two months end up waiting for a year or more?

We applied on the 23rd March 2024. Would it be a good idea to withdraw and reapply? I know itís risky to do that as there is no guarantee for faster processing.

Please share your thoughts and experiences.

Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiland2 View Post
    Would it be a good idea to withdraw and reapply? I know it’s risky to do that as there is no guarantee for faster processing.
    My personal thoughts on this: it's only worth doing if you later realise that you didn't meet all of the citizenship requirements when you applied, or on the advice of the Citizenship Office. Otherwise, you're pretty much throwing money away (you will get a partial refund, but not a full refund). It's especially a waste of your time and money if you're doing it in the hope of getting faster processing: if not all automated checks passed the first time you applied, it's more likely than not that they still won't pass the next time.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    My personal thoughts on this: it's only worth doing if you later realise that you didn't meet all of the citizenship requirements when you applied, or on the advice of the Citizenship Office. Otherwise, you're pretty much throwing money away (you will get a partial refund, but not a full refund). It's especially a waste of your time and money if you're doing it in the hope of getting faster processing: if not all automated checks passed the first time you applied, it's more likely than not that they still won't pass the next time.

Thanks very much Kelerei.

I just read on facebook page that someone has done it which is why I asked whether its a good idea or not.

Fingers crossed! Since we waited for four months, we might as well wait until we receive approval.

We met all the requirements but unsure what caused the delay. Are you able to tell me from your knowledge or experience that if itís not approved in two months, would we end up for a year or more? Have there been any approvals received within 4 to 7 months after applying?

Thank you

Are you able to tell me from your knowledge or experience that if it’s not approved in two months, would we end up for a year or more?
    The Citizenship Office publishes a dataset on the first working day of the month of the status of all outstanding applications -- from observing this dataset, I'd say that yes: you'll be waiting that long.

I've started posting that dataset in the 2023 citizenship timeline thread as the oldest applications being allocated for processing are from May/June 2023. I'm not intending to post it in this thread until the Citizenship Office has allocated all 2023 applications for processing and is moving on to 2024.

Hi Kiwiland
    Please send me a direct msg I'll give you the best idea
    Hi

Can someone please help to put my mind at ease?

Since we havenít heard back anything on our citizenship application, does it mean we may end up waiting for a year or so? Despite the fact that the lady at the DIA call centre said that the automatic checks would have been completed, and she sees no issues with our application, Its in Progress and waiting for a CO. What could be the reason for delay?

How accurate is this information that if you donít receive the approval within two months, of submission, then you end up waiting over a year?

Has anyone got approvals within 4 to 7 months from submitting their application in 2024?

Does everyone who hasnít been approved in two months end up waiting for a year or more?

We applied on the 23rd March 2024. Would it be a good idea to withdraw and reapply? I know itís risky to do that as there is no guarantee for faster processing.

Please share your thoughts and experiences.

Thank you very much

Thank you PendINZ

I have Pmd you

Default My experience

Hi guys,
    Here is my personal experience since I have applied:
    1- Have your real me account ready and verified before applying.
    2- start your application at least two weeks before your time eligibility
    3- finish online identity two weeks before your time eligibility. this online verification can be done before application submition and it's help you to accelerate the online automatice checks to be compeleted.
    4- Applying as group may couse delay on applications so solo applications are faster than grooup.

Quote Originally Posted by cricfor View Post
    I applied on 9th May and received the confirmation today, 13 June. Online application, English IELTS submitted which I have to take for my residency back in 2019.
    Hi cricfor

Congratulations! Just had a question did you email the DIA for an update after you applied at all? Your application took 5 weeks and another member took 9 weeks applied roughly the same time

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910