Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Citizenship timeline in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by PediINZ View Post
    Have you contacted DIA? any response from them?
    No, I have not. Have calls to DIA about application progress been helpful in accelerating the process in anyone's experience?

I've posted in the wrong thread before, I think. But here's my timeline with now updates from DIA re ceremony:

Applied online: 06 Feb 2024 (Waitangi Day, very symbolic)
    2 emails received: receipt + an acknowledgement that they received my application
    Approved: 21 Feb 2024
    Email sent to citizenship office re ceremony: 20 Mar 2024 (I'm moving soon and wanted an update).
    Response from the office on the same day:

You have been allocated to the very next available, Auckland Central ceremony scheduled 13 May 2024.
    Ceremony with be held in The Great Town Hall starting at 6:30 pm.
    Note: Auckland Council will not be hosting ceremonies in April.
    Invitations will be emailed roughly 3-4 weeks before the ceremony.

Citizenship ceremony invitation received: 25 Mar 2024.
    Citizenship ceremony scheduled: 13 May 2024.
    Venue: Town Hall, Auckland (I'm based in Remuera, Auckland).

Good luck, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by siberian-girl View Post
    I've posted in the wrong thread before, I think. But here's my timeline with now updates from DIA re ceremony:

Applied online: 06 Feb 2024 (Waitangi Day, very symbolic)
    2 emails received: receipt + an acknowledgement that they received my application
    Approved: 21 Feb 2024
    Email sent to citizenship office re ceremony: 20 Mar 2024 (I'm moving soon and wanted an update).
    Response from the office on the same day:

You have been allocated to the very next available, Auckland Central ceremony scheduled 13 May 2024.
    Ceremony with be held in The Great Town Hall starting at 6:30 pm.
    Note: Auckland Council will not be hosting ceremonies in April.
    Invitations will be emailed roughly 3-4 weeks before the ceremony.

Citizenship ceremony invitation received: 25 Mar 2024.
    Citizenship ceremony scheduled: 13 May 2024.
    Venue: Town Hall, Auckland (I'm based in Remuera, Auckland).

Good luck, everyone!
    Congratulation
    Would you mind if I ask you how many applicant did you have in your application?
    The other question if you are happy please share your current nationality, I think current nationality is one of the factors effects on online automatic checks
    I saw some of family group application delayed and they recommend to apply solo
    I'm going to apply next month and I'm wondering if someone help me with information how to apply for 2 adults and 1 child under 14 years old

Congratulation
    Would you mind if I ask you how many applicant did you have in your application?
    The other question if you are happy please share your current nationality, I think current nationality is one of the factors effects on online automatic checks
    I saw some of family group application delayed and they recommend to apply solo
    I'm going to apply next month and I'm wondering if someone help me with information how to apply for 2 adults and 1 child under 14 years old
    I was a sole applicant and the nationality is Russia. Tbh, I don't think it affects automatic checks. There was a question about using English language daily and although I completely shifted to English several years ago and prefer it now over my mother tongue, I still chose to provide one of the documents that confirms my ability. I thought it'd be best to still attach the evidence rather than being held up for that reason in case the system had flagged it. I met all other requirements: presence, have no criminal record, no debts owed to IRD or other agencies, etc.

For your application, my personal advice is to just follow the instructions and provide whatever is being asked. And like others said before, application should be submitted once all applicants meet the criteria.

Congratulations, siberian-girl.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Congratulations, siberian-girl.
    Thank you! I'm very grateful to you and others who continue to help everyone here. This forum has been an amazing source of knowledge and support.

Quote Originally Posted by siberian-girl View Post
    I was a sole applicant and the nationality is Russia. Tbh, I don't think it affects automatic checks. There was a question about using English language daily and although I completely shifted to English several years ago and prefer it now over my mother tongue, I still chose to provide one of the documents that confirms my ability. I thought it'd be best to still attach the evidence rather than being held up for that reason in case the system had flagged it. I met all other requirements: presence, have no criminal record, no debts owed to IRD or other agencies, etc.

For your application, my personal advice is to just follow the instructions and provide whatever is being asked. And like others said before, application should be submitted once all applicants meet the criteria.
    Thanks for your response,
    My concern is am I able to apply for all family members including my child in solo application or I have to include my child in one of our application?
    It seems solo application is in fast workstream if they meet all requirements.

Thanks for your response,
    My concern is am I able to apply for all family members including my child in solo application or I have to include my child in one of our application?
    It seems solo application is in fast workstream if they meet all requirements.
    You need to read the instructions very carefully. There are some requirements for children's applications, and one of them being a 16 yo. must apply as an adult. The pfd forms include guide notes that explain things quite nicely: https://www.govt.nz/assets/Documents...ship-child.pdf and https://www.govt.nz/assets/Documents...ship-adult.pdf

You can also reach out to them via email: citizenship@dia.govt.nz to confirm your understanding of what needs to be provided. I would definitely prioritise meeting all the requirements and providing everything rather than rushing to get it all quick.

hello all,

I got my resident visa on July 30, 2019.

I now qualify for 240 days every year for last 5 years and obviously 1350 days in last 5 years.

Will I be eligible to apply now? The only thing I can think of is Im not a resident for at least 5 years. 3 more months to go. Will this not qualify me for citizenship?

Hello
    you need to check your eligibility with DIA online present calculator.
    https://dia.services.govt.nz/presence-calculator/
    If you didn't spend more that 4 months in each year ant any days on your fifth year, you are most likely meet the present requirements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast