Hi,

I have been dealing with INZ for many years and have been asked to provide all sort of information, but this time it was a bit confusing. I don't even know how to answer.

Our partner of a NZer residence visa has been pending since March 2023. Case officer assigned on May 2023.

Last week (after almost a year), I have sent a follow-up email and their answer was that "it's currently going through a verification process". Somehow, few days after that they sent another email as follows:

--------------------------
We have considered your submission, completed a further verification and we require the following information:

1. Can you detail the steps followed in order to obtain your XXX Police clearance certificate?
2. Please provide supporting evidence showing the application process to obtain the said police certificate (receipt, form, postage etc).
--------------------------

We are from a 3rd world country and really there's no formal process. You just go to a small kiosk inside the ministry of justice, ask for a police certificate, show a copy of the national ID, pay the money and you pick it up the next day. No receipts nothing.

I feel like this is the end. We have had 3 successful applications previously, not sure why all of a sudden they are coming up with this.

Thoughts?