Thread: Residency to PR

Default Residency to PR

Hey, itÂ’s been a while since I posted here. 4 weeks ago I applied for my PR visa. My residency visa was granted in November 2019 and its travel restrictions ended in November 2021. It was the 1st visa I applied for not using a LIA (as I have a drink driving conviction from 2016) because it looked a pretty straight forward application and IÂ’d already been granted my residency visa. ItÂ’s just my husband and I would like to travel overseas in June before my work gets busy. On the website it says that PR visas are taking 3 weeks. Should I give them a call or wait a bit longer?

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydairyfarme View Post
    Hey, itÂ’s been a while since I posted here. 4 weeks ago I applied for my PR visa. My residency visa was granted in November 2019 and its travel restrictions ended in November 2021. It was the 1st visa I applied for not using a LIA (as I have a drink driving conviction from 2016) because it looked a pretty straight forward application and IÂ’d already been granted my residency visa. ItÂ’s just my husband and I would like to travel overseas in June before my work gets busy. On the website it says that PR visas are taking 3 weeks. Should I give them a call or wait a bit longer?
    Your application may take longer than the stated three weeks, as depending on the circumstances of your prior drink driving conviction, you may require a character waiver.

If you already have firm travel plans for June, you should contact INZ and discuss your options.

I received my PR visa on Monday (6/5/2024) I was very excited to say the least. My husband and I can now arrange a much needed holiday abroad, possibly back to the UK for him to finally meet his in-laws. Next goal is to apply for citizenship at the end of year!

Congratulations.