Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping from the UK

Never mind hopefully it will get here eventually
    Is that a laid-back Kiwi attitude forming Tanya?

If you are sending groupage with a freight co. they can tell you what the next shipment date is when you enquire for price, they know in advance how often the send the containers out and what ship it will be on. Just make sure you ask. We used Crayford freight over Thurrock (Essex) and they were spot on. have used them for two containers at different times, and one lot of groupage, another lot is somewhere mid ocean and our daughter used them to Auckland too. If your in the south east of England it might be worth considering them. We took the stuff to them in a lorry and unloaded it and left the rest to them.

Default Thurrock

Thanks will also contact them as I am in Essex

I've used Crown and I've sent 2.55 cubic metres weighing 286.36 kg. They collected it on 16th August and it will be sailing on the P&O Sydney Express from Tilbury on 13th September. Estimated date of arrival in Wellington is 22nd October. It cost £820 that's including the Marine Transit insurance to cover the whole shipment at a valuation £1,800 per cubic metre. I didn't insure anything separately as it was mostly personal stuff and nothing of any great value.

I know the exact details of the ship and when it's going because you can track it on line with Crown, which I think is a nice little touch.

Does anyone have any experience of shipping their stuff with PSS?

we are using anglo pacific, they seem helpful enough, but we've just picked up the boxes so yet to have any hiccups.

We're going with Anglo Pacific too - very nice mob.

Having said that, they won't do anything for us until Nov/Dec as we aren't shipping stuff over until we know we are able / want to stay....! They have an office in Christchurch which is handy!

We went with Crown, very impressed so far but will let you know when it finally arrives.

Mattford I got a quote from PSS but they never followed up unlike Crown and Whites who were on the ball with any questions etc.

Michelle

When I had shippers in for quotes last week I asked all three about problems with mould, because of those horrendous pictures I had see from that particular AP shipment. I did not mention that there was a car involved but just casually said that I'd heard some horror stories about stuff arriving mouldy and how could they guarantee that my stuff would arrive intact.

All three told me the same thing, "the only time this seems to be a problem is when people ship cars in their container, because the steam cleaning abnormally wets the underneath of the car and has not had enough time to dry out properly before being sealed in an airtight container." The advice given to me was to not steam clean your car, but rather wait and see if MAF actually require it when you get to NZ.

They also told me that they often get people who want to put their last bits of wet washing in the container. :

I asked about mould too - and again was informed that it is very rarely a problem, but when it does arise there's usually a car involved.

After ALOT of hagling and bartering we have decided to go with White & Co - so far they've been very good in answering all our questions and getting back to us right away. Crown were good too but way too expensive.

Diny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12