Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just bought a house at auction....GULP!

Hi, karl,

Fantastic tips, as always. I especially appreciated the tip about the quotable website. We're actually (this is embarrassing) looking at purchasing a property sight-unseen -- something I swore I'd never do -- and all your information is invaluable. Don't worry; we're prepared to walk away as you suggest, and at the moment we have the agent hopping around answering our endless list of questions. Some very good and kind friends have gone out to the property and taken loads of pictures, then we had the agent take more pictures, and we're getting ready to send forth my husband's uncle -- a very knowledgeable and long-term resident of the area -- for the next round of inspections and still more pictures! We're at least a month away from making an offer, so we're using that time to do all the research. In addition to checking at the local council office, we're having soil samples done on the land (it's a rural property) and even finding out everything we can about the neighbors. We've asked for a copy of the existing title and we will also have an architect inspect and report on the residence. We've been watching the market for about 6 months and have been looking for a particular type of property. This one meets all our requirements, which is why we're considering it, but there are many things that could cause us to walk away. Much more research to be done before we actually make an offer.

Where are those pictures, anyway???

All the best and thanks again, Rae

Sorry i can't put an image on the site as it needs to be referenced to a URL and the property is now off the website! I will email you Rae!

Karl :cool

Congratulations Karl, and our very best wishes to you and your family in your new home. Your an inspiration to us all. We will have a look at the quotable website later.

Amanda & Eric

Well Done Karl.
    Thats the way to do it.
    Thats a damn good deal you worked there, I'd hope I could keep a cool head like that on me, going through all that, but I'd probably end up squatting and shivering in the corner, sucking my thumb and piddling my pants!
    Good for you and I really hope you enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakeha Boy
    ...probably end up squatting and shivering in the corner, sucking my thumb and piddling my pants!
    Uhhh, I don't think I'd want to keep this image in my mind for very long!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12