Thread: Any carpenters out there?

Default Any carpenters out there?

Please help. What NZQA assesment level is acceptable? One document I have read said level 3 and another said level 4....which is it?

I think it is 4, but not certain?

HI

My partner is a carpenter and he is NVQ 2 qualified (2 years city & guilds course) which is assessed at NZ level 3. You will be given 50 points for the qualifications but nothing for long term skill shortage points as you need to be level 4 for that (unless of course you are NVQ3 .....)

Hope this helps!

Cheers
    Jane

Jane

Can I ask about your OH's work experience. How many years did he have and was he in a supervisory position? Can you claim the points for work experience if you aren't a supervisor? The form is so confusing!

HI Nicola

We put down 2-4 years experience, but he is self employed and does have supervisory experience, however the main advantage would have been for the bonus points for exp based on carpenters being on the long term skills shortage, but as he is only nz level 3 they dont recognise his trade as on the long term skill shortage and therefore wont give him the bonus points for his work experience or bonus points for qualifications on ltss, or job offer in area on ltss! They seem quite confused with it themselves, we repeatadly checked this area and was repeatadly told we could claim the points, but when our application went in they rejected it !!!
    Whats your situation? Have you had your qualifications assessed ? Or do you know what level you are ?
    If I can help anymore just shout!

Jane

Hi,
    Me and my partner are coming out in Feb, he has 2 yrs work exp and reference for carpentry but is still at trainee level, if he were to get to get a job offer in carpentry then would the NZ Immigration grant him a work visa? then we can apply for PR later down the line.
    Were 30yrs and already done WHV so trying to get in another angle i.e WP initially.
    I'm a Travel Agent with 7 exp and NVQ level 3. Are we being over optimistic with our plans to make it.

im trying to throw light onto my qualification i did 20 years ago city and guilds craft certificate in carpentry and joinery is this equivalent to level 1 and 2 ??????

Default can you help

Please can anyone help, filling out EOI form?

My husband has City & Guilds in following:

Joinery & Carpentry (1983) which has four elements a bit confused about form
    (Doesn’t take much)

It states the following:
    Trade Qualifications
    The City and Guilds Part One and Part Two Certificates named below, together with evidence of a completed apprenticeship registered with a recognized industry body, are assessed as occupying Level 3 of the Register and will therefore qualify for 50 points.
    Note: Visa and immigration officers must ensure that the Part Two Certificate is a full qualification (usually three components). Individual components of the Part Two qualification may be separately certificated. Most full Part Two certificates require completion of three components.

Is his qualification a level 3? Help help help help

He also has City and Guilds in the following:
    Autocad 2D & 3D
    can will claim any extra points.

Help

Regards
    Karen