Thread: Accredited Empolyer

Default Accredited Empolyer

Hi Gang

May have a possible job offer with The Salvation Army in Wellington, Have looked on NZ Immigration website and they do not appear to be on the list of accredited employers. However i've spoken to NZ Immigration they were a bit vague to say the least.

One Immigration officer I spoke to said "if they are not on the list then there not" I thought i'd ask again and the other Immigration officer said "the list isn't a comprehensive list so they could well be"

This doesn't give me confidence

So the next step I've taken is I've ask The SA in Wellington if they are an accredited employer......Fingers Crossed

So 2 things really: Does anyone know if the SA is an accredited employer and don't take the list a gosbal

Kitch

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but i don't think they are. Would the offer be paid employment? because if so then you can always go down the work visa route.

Kim

Default Accredited Employer

Thanks KIm.

Yes...it would be paid employment. I work for the SA within there IT Department in the UK...

I've spoken to senior managment and they believe they are. Hence my confusion with immigration..

Kitchnerd

There is definitely a list of accredited employers on the NZIS website as I've looked at it (took me a while to find it). I think it was under the work section in the section for employers looking to employ migrants. I don't remember seeing SA on there as an accredited employer but then I wasn't looking for it...so i'd suggest a search on the NZIS site.

Sorry, ignore that last comment, I've had a look on the website (and yes it took me a while to find it again)
    Try copying and pasting this into your browser and then click on 'list of accredited employers' in the tool box on the right hand side.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/templ...HINT=Guest#top

Not sure how to give a link to the proper part (i'm not an IT guru). If this doesn't work, go into the work section, then work to residence. I then clicked on the 'how to apply' bit and the list of accredited employers appeared in the tool box on the right hand side. When you click it, it comes up in a pop up box hence i couldn't copy proper direct link (does that make sense - I really don't do IT stuff!!!!)

Cheers, hannah

Default Accredited companies

Here is the List of accredited companies:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...st.htm?level=1

yes funny how one person will say one thing..on a slightly negative tone and then the next one you speak to is not so negative... I think the trick is to be positive and keep asking questions....

good luck

Kat