Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas for camping?

Default Gas for camping?

Could anyone tell me the availability of gas in NZ for camping stoves? Tried a search on the forum but can't seem to come up with any leads.

I have a "Camping gaz" stove that runs on butane or propane. Is this the standard fuel in NZ?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Its LPG u get here for barbies, so assume its the same for camping stoves.

There was a thread a while ago about trying to get a BBQ converted from propane to lpg and it was going to be expensive, something to do with connectors.

Found it....

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....ighlight=dyson

steve ,

we have the small single burner thingies( in a plastic briefcase ) that you can buy the small bottles of gas for at argos / asda/ tesco camping depts . I did see them in the warehouse last time i was over - gas was about $2.99 for the smallbottle if my memory serves me right .

hth vic

Thanks guys, yes confused with the BBQ one Sal! It is our little camping stove that I want to find out about. Will carry on scouring t'internet. Thanks for your help.

Steve

This the kind of thing you have? If so looks like you will be OK for gas..

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Sports/Camp...n-53441658.htm

No Sal, ours is the double burner type with the little grill underneath, flexi hose via regulator to the large bottle of gas. Have had a good trawl around, seems to be gas if you look hard enough. Thanks for all your help.

Steve

I've asked this question, the answers were that you will have to buy a NZ type regualtor for the unit. Then of course it will fit any NZ gas bottle.

Our looks something like this.
    http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/products...source=froogle

We have gas lamps too, and i'm hoping that the little bottles will fit them.
    Incidentally the shippers told me you are not allowed to take any gas bottle in the container unless its empty. Bad luck for me cos i bought a load of those little containers for the lights on special last year.

Thanks driver, it is just gas compatibility that I thinking about - made to run on butane or propane, just want to know the availability of those gases for camping stoves.

Many thanks anyway!

Stevie are you saying that (and i'm sorry i'm having a blonde moment here) certain cookers can only run on certain types of gas?

I thought that as long as we had the correct regulator for the gas bottle or the correct connection to the cannister that it didn't matter what kind of gas was in the container.

I think that may be the case driver, that is all I trying to find out, can't see the problem because butane and propane is just LPG, different burning properties that's all, but just want to make sure, sure I been worrying about nothing.

Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast