Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Napier and Hastings info please

Default Napier and Hastings info please

I have been offered a job at Hastings and am hoping to move to the Napier area and commute to work. Is there anyone whom has or is living there that can advise me of good and bad areas, prices of goods foodwise and dog clubs places to walk them off lead? I want to live within walking distance of the sea any suburbs you can recommend? Advantages and disadvantages of living there? any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Hello,
    I do not know about the suburbs, but went through Napier on a look-see last October. What kind of job did you find there?
    Junnifer

Hi,
    Taradale is one of the better areas of Napier to live, but unfortunately it a little inland from the sea. The beaches in Napier are of a Black volcanic nature, so may not be as appealing as you might imagine, but there are some nicer beaches within a twenty minutes drive of Napier.
    House prices in Napier are growing faster than anywhere else in New Zealand at the moment, according to the National newspapers, so demand for this area is obviously high.
    Other areas to consider away from Napier but still close to Hastings are Clive and Havelock North, but again demand for housing in these areas is quite high.
    The following link is from an old forum asking a similar question.
    http://www.enz.org/forum/

Hope this helps a little.

Mike.

Sorry the above link didn't seem to work, but type hastings in the Search for Key words box and select Where should I live? in the forums selection and it should take you there.

thanks for your help. I am a nurse in mental health

hello blue.

can you tell me how you got a job in NZ? did you go there first, and lookd around, did you use the internet? or is the company you'll be working for in nz also in the UK and is looking to expand to nz?

am trying to look for job offers through the internet, but they all say "only those with right to work in nz should apply to this offer". it's a vicious cycle, coz i need the offer to get points for a visa, but i need the visa to be able to apply for a job! eek. :?

am from the philippines.

annie

Hi I went through a nursing agency that marketed my cv out to the health boards. The first thing you need to do it to register with the NZ nursing council to verify your qualifications and get a NZ practising certificate I have never been to NZ before so its quite exciting!

Havelock North is just the loveliest town. Great little village feel, stately houses, rolling vineyards, and Te Mata Peak nearby. Definitely the nicest place to live near Hastings. I've had lots of visits, as that's where my partner is from. Hastings will be less expensive, but isn't quite as nice. Great place to work, though.

Hastings to Havelock N. takes 5 mins by car. Unfortunately, bus service in Hawkes Bay is almost non-existant.

I have plenty of photos if you're interested...just let me know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Hi Tyler thanks I would love to see some pics. How long has your partner been living there?

Havelock North is a great place (thats where we now live) and like said previously, it is only a five minute ride away from Hastings. The village itself has numerous restaurants, pubs and takeaways along with the usual shops, banks and even a supermarket. It really has got everything you need here (apart from a beach)
    Ocean Beach which is a large sandy beach and very popular with the surfers is just twenty minutes away in the car.
    If you need any more info just send us a pm

Cheers

Mike.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast