Thread: How to get rid of red wine stain on carpet

Default How to get rid of red wine stain on carpet

I threw a cushion off the sofa onto the floor last night, not realising hubby's red wine was there (yes, stupid place to leave it) and it went everywhere. It is the most massive stain I have ever seen in my life. This is a rental property and I'm worried that we could lose our bond. Does anyone know of any good products over here to try and get rid of it? We've got some 'Vanish' that arrived in our shipment from the UK, but that was useless - we've now just got a big stain with 'Vanish' on top - it looks even worse! It's a pale carpet too.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Kate x (who's drinking white wine tonight!)

Pour the white wine on it.. thats meant to work.

We usually managed with carpet cleaner and soapy water, just make sure you put a towel on it every time to draw out all the wet. However sounds like you mignt need to steam clean it, should not cost too much, just do it before your landlord does an inspection. (we got a whole 4 bed rental house done for $120, we had to cos of the dog)

Try the Shotz carpet cleaner stuff out of warehouse, thats been quite good, makes it smell all disinfected too... (it worked on baby poo)

Put an armchair over the stain!! Seriously, have a look at this little snippet of info..

http://www.stratsplace.com/patty_wine_stain.html

Good luck - Steve

Quote Originally Posted by jubjub
    Pour the white wine on it.. thats meant to work.

)

It DOES work!
    It is amazing.

Sad though....

pouring white wine everywhere.

Carol

Carol, rather use hydrogen peroxide and dishwasher soap! What a waste of wine...

Soda water supposedly does the trick . Shame on you thinking of wasting wine!!

Debs

You can also try pouring salt on the stain or baking soda. The salt draws the liquid up and the stain...supposedly...then you could try club soda and baking soda...I'm sure if you work at it everyday by the time you move out you should be good...and if you drink wine while you are working at it you won't care how much time it is taking...

Lemonade is supposed to work too, good luck, hope you get it out.