Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dehumidifiers

Default Dehumidifiers

OK, we are going to get one, as we have noticed damp feeling in the house starting to build now the weather is getting a little chillier.

Not got a clue what to look for, or what brand is maybe the best. Does anyone use one they would recommend?

The budget around $400 tops though.

When we came over here on a visit I couldn't understand why so many Kiwis raved about their dehumidifiers, not something we had ever needed at home with double glazing and central heating. it has all become understandable since we have lived here......

i've used a dehumidifier in the UK it was brilliant. If you are like me and always have washing on airers things dry a lot quicker.

If you are in NZ how about trade-me?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living...0370-0559-.htm

I'll definitely be getting one. Check what size of house it can cope with though.

Hi

Our 1st home here in the UK had no central heating & was a bit kiwiish(cold & tending to damp) lol !

we used a dehumidifier & it was fab - sucked out incredible ammounts of water a day & then blew out the dry & warm air - thus acting like a heater - DH & I have already been pricing them up here ( well hoping they go on sale in summer actually )

thanks this thread has reminded me again

vic x

The Delonghi brand is supposed to be good. I know them from their espresso machines sold in the US. Anyway they have a 6 litre dehumidifier near the top end of your range (it's $380) at Noel Leeming.
    Here's the page.

J

Jess,

Funnily enough, we just ordered this exact one yesterday. I'll let you know if its any good!

Cheers

Tia

Thats actually our favourite choice at the mo, although its way cheaper in Hill Stewart (100%), its only $299 out of there...

Having got the "Consumer" out the library with its article on dehumidifiers, we got an
    Evantair brand (from Warehouse) it came out tops in their review, the only downside is that it was one of the noisiest (its not that loud at all) and cost a little more to run, but it was the best/most efficient at pulling water out of the air, and at the lowest temps. Although have to say its a bit noisy to have on overnight in your bedroom.

It was closely followed by a Goldair brand in the tests.

We paid $299 for a 16L model, and its chugging away quite happily at the mo, and the tank is half full already (think its a 4 litre capacity).

http://www.consumer.org.nz/Default.asp?bhcp=1, find the review you want, check out that date it was written and get that months mag from the library, saves you the membership fee

I wondered about the Eventair as there are a bunch of demo units (5 mo old) on Trademe right now for $120.

The whole concept is so opposite my last home in the US. It was in Utah where there is absolutley no humidity. In fact, we used humidifiers there just to ge a little moisture in the room....funny change of circumstances, huh.

I also was told about a site called AuctionCity.com that has some good but limited deals on things.

We just bought a fairly expensive one ($200. US) And are debating bringing it with us. My daughter and I are horribly allergic to mold. Perfect allergy for an insurance adsuster in Florida. i wonder though at how many transformers we will need? Is it really worth it? Is the quality that much less than in the US?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast