Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food that can be taken into New Zealand from the flight

Cool Food that can be taken into New Zealand from the flight

Hi Guys,
    Sorry if this has been covered before,and I'm sure I have seen some threads about it,but as the norm when you look you can't find it!!!
    Flying with Singapore Airlines next month to NZ,and normally pack a good few goodies in the bag,like biscuits,crisps etc.. as long as the packet is not opened are they ok to bring or will we have to declare them at Auckland?
    Probably been watching too much TV about Australian Customs,and everyone trying to bring in things like nuts and bananas,and I know they are out but just wondered about the other things!
    Many thanks in advance.

Default wow you read my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Jameelka
    Hi Guys,
    Sorry if this has been covered before,and I'm sure I have seen some threads about it,but as the norm when you look you can't find it!!!
    Flying with Singapore Airlines next month to NZ,and normally pack a good few goodies in the bag,like biscuits,crisps etc.. as long as the packet is not opened are they ok to bring or will we have to declare them at Auckland?
    Probably been watching too much TV about Australian Customs,and everyone trying to bring in things like nuts and bananas,and I know they are out but just wondered about the other things!
    Many thanks in advance.
    Yes I was thinking this too........Am I going to get chucked in the brig for bringing in ........

Robinsons Special R orange squash
    Large bag of Original Doritos (orange bag)

Rob recons he's going to walk 10 paces behind me..........??

Kat

I believe it is really fruit they are concerned about. When I came in last time I had several granola bars and some almonds and some seaseme stick things. If you just declare everything you have they will let you know if it is a problem or not. I also brought over some Marshmellow fluff for another member and that got through just fine but there is nothing natural about that stuff!

And I'm not even going to comment.........had enough trouble last time!!!

We brought in an unopened bag of dog food so we could take it to pup in quarantine (figured it was a bad time to switch her food on her). Anyway, we declared it, and on the other side of customs you go to the right, and we pulled out the bag for them. They had to look up one of the ingredients on the computer and consult. Took about 5 minutes, but in the end they said it was fine, and we went on our merry way. If it had not been fine, they would have kept it; we wouldn't have been in any trouble, since we declared it on the form. As long as you declare, the worst that can happen is that they throw it out.

I heard it's a quick way to skip the "nothing to declare" queue...

Take jar of honey - unopened.. and declare it.. thereby skipping any large queue. hehe

Default no problems for us

We brought a ton of our favorites, toddler snacks mostly, and had NO trouble. Twice. Nuts, goldfish crackers (cant get them here), dried cherries, macaroni and cheese, dried fruit leathers... Processed and unopened goods were fine. Also I think it may depend on where the foods come from...

My sister in law also brought a whole suitcase of food during her visit, again with no problems.

Just declare everything. Or if you feel uncomfortable, they give you lots of chance to toss in the bin...

Default Thanks

Cheers, Thx for the reasurance...I will go sooth Robs worries that he'd be kicked back to the UK!

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by willsken

Ditto.............

Julie

xx

Quote Originally Posted by willsken
    ????? now you have me curious..............spill the beans!

Kat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast