Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travel Insurance?

Default Travel Insurance?

Hi there, to those who have already made the trip over, what sort of travel insurance did you get?

any reccomendations appreciated, as its driving me a little nuts.

we need to cover when we go in 4 weeks and also when the boys come out.

I also dont know whether to cover for Just our flight or until we actually get to Chch, and into our rental and looking for jobs etc

I am also wanting to jump off the Auckland tower - any body done that? how did it affect your insurance?

Thanks

Kat

Hi Kat

We've used esure worldwide yearly cover for the last couple of years. It's about£120 for the both of us and the kids are covered free. No problems when we had to make a medical claim. Don't know about the "jump" cover!!

Sonia

http://www.go-walkabout.co.uk/

Kat we used these people ,they have a separate emigrating insurance policy .

You can work out the cost online .

Marie x

We used the Post Office's travel insurance as it covered emigration. Alot of policies only cover you from your door back to your door. You can do an online quote on the Post Office website.

Debs

Question

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidebs
    We used the Post Office's travel insurance as it covered emigration. Alot of policies only cover you from your door back to your door. You can do an online quote on the Post Office website.

Debs
    I couldn t find the emigration bit on the Postoffice site? am I being dense???

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Marie P
    http://www.go-walkabout.co.uk/

Kat we used these people ,they have a separate emigrating insurance policy .

You can work out the cost online .

Marie x
    Cheers marie, I have worked it out at £71 for me and Rob, but emailed them to see if I could get it cheaper.

Kat

Ps feeling like a chicken with its head cut off...running around getting nothing sorted, other than getting totally stressed!

wheres the vino...........

Great ... I've just spent ages ring up Insurance companies who at the last second say "Oh ... You have to return to the UK for cover" or "12 month policy but you can only be away for 3 months".

Glad to here there are some emigrate travel insurance policies, will start looking at the above now!!

I've got a dilema ... I'm emigrating in August but getting married in Sydney in November followed by honeymoon in Tahatti & Bora Bora.

What type of travel insurance should I get??? I'll be bringing my wedding dress across with me to NZ in August, so should I just get a year long wedding package or get a emigration package then get a wedding / travel package for the wedding & honeymoon??

Any suggestions

We've just used go walkabout and they seem very switched on.

Arc

Sarah and Alex, are you expecting to have permanent residency by then or will you be on a temporary visa?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast