Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kamokamo & Puha

Personally I think taro is one of those things that you need to grow up eating and learn to like (I didn't, and don't). If you do try it, make sure you cook it really thoroughly, it has toxins in it that need to be destroyed by cooking.
    http://www.taro.co.nz/cooking.html

O great, There may not be any bugs that can kill me in NZ but grocery shopping may prove hazardous.
    Debbie

Sal - I found this re puha and babies:-

After 6 months
    Add to foods introduced earlier -
    • Infant muesli, wheat-based infant cereal, porridge made from oatmeal or rolled oats.
    • Iron-rich foods -lamb or chicken livers, kidney, beef, lamb, venison, pork, chicken. Cooked egg yolk. Gravy or liquid from meat casseroles, or home-made meat or vegetable soups or stock, mixed with vegetables.
    • Yam, cauliflower, broccoli, taro, swede, puha, bok choy, green beans, parsnip, beetroot (cooked).
    • Melon, plum (remove skins and seeds). Raw persimmon (scooped out soft pulp or peeled wedges if firmer).
    • Dried fruit - prunes or apricots, cooked to soften, then drained.
    • Serve with other fruit or infant cereals.
    • Toast fingers, rusks.
    It's on http://www.babytimes.co.nz/main/nutr...ide_for_b.html (and yes, I was searching for Sal, not me... )

Moorf, thats a good site, not looked at that one at all.

Its OK Debbie, you dont have to eat all the weird new veg, you can still get your "normal" veg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12