Thread: Qualification assessment reference

Default Qualification assessment reference

Hi,
    I am currently working through the EOI form on the NZIS site, I am stuck on the question regarding the reference for the qualification assessment from the NZQA, my qualifications are recognised in the recognised qualifications list as being assessed at level 4 as electrician, but there is no reference number. Can anyone assist me with where/how I can find out this information??
    Thanks
    Nick Braddock

Hi

If your qualification is in the NZIS list of recognised qualifications, you do not need a NZQA assesment. Hence there is no reference no to enter

Leave this part blank and tick the part that says qualifications are on the NZIS list

The reference no is for people who have had their qualifications assessed by the NZQA

cheers

Abdul

I too am stuck on these questions (see attached screenshot).

Question f3a is clear enough - go to list, yup the college/univ is accrediated by an approved body.

but then f4a asks if it has been approved by qualifications agency... and f5 asks me to list the reference numbers. Down below it states that I can't count any points unless I say yes to both questions...

can anyone explain this for me? I thought that on the EOI you list your qualificaitons, and THEN IF they invite you to apply to go through a process to get your degrees/transcripts approved by the NZ folks.
    Last edited by wanderingoregonian; 26th March 2007 at 07:11 PM.

Glad I'm not the only one who had a problem with this question. When I phoned up the NZIZ helpline the girl I spoke to was totally confused as well.

If I remember correctly, we put 'no' in 4a, but it still accredited us the points when we calculated it.

Give it a shot and it will probably be the same for you. And if it doesn't play around a bit more with the questions/answers before submitting EOI

We got our ITA, so it must be OK.

Julie

x