Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: online money transfer

thanks kat..i have now registered with tranzfers..so you're one point closer to your ipod video !

cheers

mark

Just setup a bank account in NZ with the National bank, couldnt believe how easy it was too. Called at 1am NZ time and the guy was as happy as larry ( could you imagine that in the UK - lol )
    Can now think about the transfer...is everyone sure about Tranzfers ? It's a fair amount of money to entrust to people you've only just heard about.... guess I'm lookin for plenty of re-assurance

oh.. and that damn excahnge rate to go back up again to $3.06 !

Mark

Talking yep no worries

Quote Originally Posted by mark & Heather
    Just setup a bank account in NZ with the National bank, couldnt believe how easy it was too. Called at 1am NZ time and the guy was as happy as larry ( could you imagine that in the UK - lol )
    Can now think about the transfer...is everyone sure about Tranzfers ? It's a fair amount of money to entrust to people you've only just heard about.... guess I'm lookin for plenty of re-assurance

oh.. and that damn excahnge rate to go back up again to $3.06 !

Mark
    Dont worry, we have had good service from both National and Tranzfers.

and yep I want that exchange rate back up too...

We transfered £8,000 over and transfered it when it was over $3.00 and I rang the bank when tranzfers said it was completed.

I actually spoke to the same guy who had opened the account and he remembered me!

He said the money wasnt showing on the screen but not to worry as it can take up to 14 days to show and to ring back next week (I rang on a friday)

so I rang today and yep, $23,000+ was in our account

looking forward to going into the bank when we land, then we just have to fill in a form at christchurch when we get there to transfer the branch.

simple and easy....and yep your right, nice to get through straight away, and its a free phone number!!

Kat...ps thanks for the Ipod point (got to replace my lads as his broke and its out of waranty! )

cheers, that makes me feel better

By the way, which shipping company are you using ?

Only 6 days to go eh ? How does it feel ?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mark & Heather
    cheers, that makes me feel better

By the way, which shipping company are you using ?

Only 6 days to go eh ? How does it feel ?

Mark
    Hi Mark,

we sold our house in October, and our daughter has taken most of our household furniture, so I ended up with 1.5 cubic metres of stuff (emotional tat as Rob calls it) so my worldly goods left robs mums a fortnight ago, with Cargo bookers, and it cost me £290 from Immingham to Christchurch Port.

I had Whites round but for the same amout of stuff that I sent they quoted 60 cubic foot, and a price of £650 +vat! (so I didnt use them)
    but if you search the forum you can read everyone elses experiences with shippers....if I had used one I would have used a grimsby co called goodwins, as they ship to NZ too.

oh but I used Reason-insurance for our insurance and it cost me £64

oh and how does it feel...dont know too busy to feel at the min but the wine helps............hic
    cheers

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by katandbob

We transfered £8,000 over and transfered it when it was over $3.00 and I rang the bank when tranzfers said it was completed.

so I rang today and yep, $23,000+ was in our account
    Umm, 3x£8000 should be £24,000. Did some disappear on the way?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12