Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: online money transfer

Default online money transfer

Hi Guys,

We are new here ( Hi ! ) and are making the big move to Nelson in August 06 , after about a year of getting the visa, visiting NZ and lots of other stuff.
    I've looked at getting a bank account in readiness, which looks pretty easy.
    Heres a query though. Has anyone heard of www.xe.com for money transfers ? It looks pretty good, taking a very small amount of your money and is done wire - wire direct into your shiny new NZ bank account.
    Can anyone offer any insight into this ? Or experiences ?

On a seperate subject, has anyone got any experience of PSS removals or anglo pacific removals ?

many thanks all !

Mark & Heather

if you do a search on the forum for money transfers you will find loads of info, and yes I have heard of XE, but the info they want to open an account was too much hassle (plus the fact that we dont own a house at present so we had no current utility bills to send as proof) so we used Tranzfers....

see link....http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....rate#post71921

and the link to sign up for tranzfers is...

See for yourself - Simply copy the following link - http://www.tranzfers.com/refer.asp?r=Robsmith - into your browser's address bar, register and start using Tranzfers today.

Regards,

Kat

We have used XE and it has worked well for us....though we did set it up while we were still in the States. The fees are very reasonable and once you are set-up it is easy to use. The set-up was a bit of a hassel but it was worth it at the time.

Default Xe

We've used XE with good success. I don't recall the setup being too much of a hassle, although after the EOI, application, and dog permits, our definition of a 'hassle' has changed as of late.

I've transferred several differing amounts, and its seems that the rate you get (compared to what they list on their main page) is quite a bit better with larger amounts. Has anyone else noticed this?

I am going to be thanking Kat forever for the referral to Tranzfers, I can't speak highly enough of them.

Hi,
    thanks all for the replies, its handy to know that people have experiences of these before I make the plunge. I was thinking of 'testing the water' first off with just a small amount, then see if it gets there !

We're so looking forward to going now..anything to get out of crime and chav infested britain !

Yes, amount you transfer or plan to transfer over time will effect your rate. If you find that you are going to transfer a big chunk and go over what you orgianlly told them you can call and ask for a new rate based on the new amount. We did this and they adjusted the rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Park City Partner
    amount you transfer or plan to transfer over time will effect your rate.
    Tranzfers works slightly differently to that, you choose the rate you want, from a real time feed, so you can hold your money until you're ready to transfer. It's also quite a buzz watching the rate and deciding when to buy!

Ok, I think I will check out tranzfers. xe looked good as i ran through the demo and it looked really easy. The rate you got seemed fantastic too ( just 3-4 cents lower than the mid exchange rate )
    thanks guys

Default link to tranzfers

Quote Originally Posted by katandbob
    and the link to sign up for tranzfers is...

See for yourself - Simply copy the following link - http://www.tranzfers.com/refer.asp?r=Robsmith - into your browser's address bar, register and start using Tranzfers today.

Regards,

Kat
    Mark if you click on the link here you can sign up, and as Dawn said, if you select the choice where you get to choose when to exchange you can sit there with you finger on the button and pick the rate you want...Rob said it gets quite addictive watching it rise and fall, and following the forcasts.

and its still £7 for the transfer whether you transfer 1,000 or 10,000

Kat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast