Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: online money transfer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default online money transfer

Hi Guys,

We are new here ( Hi ! ) and are making the big move to Nelson in August 06 , after about a year of getting the visa, visiting NZ and lots of other stuff.
    I've looked at getting a bank account in readiness, which looks pretty easy.
    Heres a query though. Has anyone heard of www.xe.com for money transfers ? It looks pretty good, taking a very small amount of your money and is done wire - wire direct into your shiny new NZ bank account.
    Can anyone offer any insight into this ? Or experiences ?

On a seperate subject, has anyone got any experience of PSS removals or anglo pacific removals ?

many thanks all !

Mark & Heather

if you do a search on the forum for money transfers you will find loads of info, and yes I have heard of XE, but the info they want to open an account was too much hassle (plus the fact that we dont own a house at present so we had no current utility bills to send as proof) so we used Tranzfers....

see link....http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....rate#post71921

and the link to sign up for tranzfers is...

See for yourself - Simply copy the following link - http://www.tranzfers.com/refer.asp?r=Robsmith - into your browser's address bar, register and start using Tranzfers today.

Regards,

Kat

Default link to tranzfers

Quote Originally Posted by katandbob
    and the link to sign up for tranzfers is...

See for yourself - Simply copy the following link - http://www.tranzfers.com/refer.asp?r=Robsmith - into your browser's address bar, register and start using Tranzfers today.

Regards,

Kat
    Mark if you click on the link here you can sign up, and as Dawn said, if you select the choice where you get to choose when to exchange you can sit there with you finger on the button and pick the rate you want...Rob said it gets quite addictive watching it rise and fall, and following the forcasts.

and its still 7 for the transfer whether you transfer 1,000 or 10,000

Kat

thanks kat..i have now registered with tranzfers..so you're one point closer to your ipod video !

cheers

mark

Just setup a bank account in NZ with the National bank, couldnt believe how easy it was too. Called at 1am NZ time and the guy was as happy as larry ( could you imagine that in the UK - lol )
    Can now think about the transfer...is everyone sure about Tranzfers ? It's a fair amount of money to entrust to people you've only just heard about.... guess I'm lookin for plenty of re-assurance

oh.. and that damn excahnge rate to go back up again to $3.06 !

Mark

Talking yep no worries

Quote Originally Posted by mark & Heather
    Just setup a bank account in NZ with the National bank, couldnt believe how easy it was too. Called at 1am NZ time and the guy was as happy as larry ( could you imagine that in the UK - lol )
    Can now think about the transfer...is everyone sure about Tranzfers ? It's a fair amount of money to entrust to people you've only just heard about.... guess I'm lookin for plenty of re-assurance

oh.. and that damn excahnge rate to go back up again to $3.06 !

Mark
    Dont worry, we have had good service from both National and Tranzfers.

and yep I want that exchange rate back up too...

We transfered 8,000 over and transfered it when it was over $3.00 and I rang the bank when tranzfers said it was completed.

I actually spoke to the same guy who had opened the account and he remembered me!

He said the money wasnt showing on the screen but not to worry as it can take up to 14 days to show and to ring back next week (I rang on a friday)

so I rang today and yep, $23,000+ was in our account

looking forward to going into the bank when we land, then we just have to fill in a form at christchurch when we get there to transfer the branch.

simple and easy....and yep your right, nice to get through straight away, and its a free phone number!!

Kat...ps thanks for the Ipod point (got to replace my lads as his broke and its out of waranty! )

We have used XE and it has worked well for us....though we did set it up while we were still in the States. The fees are very reasonable and once you are set-up it is easy to use. The set-up was a bit of a hassel but it was worth it at the time.

Default Xe

We've used XE with good success. I don't recall the setup being too much of a hassle, although after the EOI, application, and dog permits, our definition of a 'hassle' has changed as of late.

I've transferred several differing amounts, and its seems that the rate you get (compared to what they list on their main page) is quite a bit better with larger amounts. Has anyone else noticed this?

I am going to be thanking Kat forever for the referral to Tranzfers, I can't speak highly enough of them.

Hi,
    thanks all for the replies, its handy to know that people have experiences of these before I make the plunge. I was thinking of 'testing the water' first off with just a small amount, then see if it gets there !

We're so looking forward to going now..anything to get out of crime and chav infested britain !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast