Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pack n Save Palmy

Default Pack n Save Palmy

If your missing the unfriendly, unhelpful attitude that you sometimes got from shop assistants in the UK stop of at pack n save in Palmy.

Honestly this one is really weird, in my travels around NZ I’ve never seen anything isolated to just one shop like this (I don’t think its Palmy I think it’s just the pack n save there)

Perhaps they have a really mean boss or something that makes them all so grumpy.

This is all in one (and only) visit.

I asked a lady if they sold something (you know hoping for directions to where it was) she said no without glancing up. I eventually found it myself.

I got to the checkout, you normally get a smile, hello, how’s your day been. Nope it was more of a grunt.

I asked one girl on the checkout for a pack of smokes (I know dirty habit, but only done now and again). She actually told me that she had never heard of that brand, and furthermore she was quite sure they “didn’t exist”

yup I’m so stupid that I didn’t say “go and look for them they do exist”, I actually smiled, said ok and went off to the kiosk (in the same shop) to buy them from there.

Not finished yet!

Got to the kiosk where two shop assistants stood chatting and ignored me. After waiting a little while I made the coughing noise (you know just in case they hadn’t seen me standing 2ft in front of them) I received a glance, then to my amazement they carried on their conversation.

Then I finally got peed off, so out came the high horse and I jumped on.

“Excuse me young lady” (a great thing to call a 20 something when you’re a thirty something, honestly try it)
    Anyway “Excuse me young lady, do you think I could trouble you to actually sell me a packet of cigarettes”
    No answer but I at least have their attention now.
    “I’ll take that pack there, 2nd row from the bottom on the right, thank you”

Without a word, the money was handed over, and I really don’t think I’ll be going there again.

What a strange place Palmy’s Pack n Save is!
    Is it just me?
    Were they just having a bad day?

Bob

hehe - funny..reminds me of kwik save.

Don't they call it ' push'n'shove ?

must be a reason I guess..

Over to you Diny!! Answers on a postcard.

that is so funny!

Ha Ha Ha !!!!!!! Brilliant. Believe me, you didn't visit on an off day, you visited on a normal day.

The grunts, the absence of eye contact, the unhelpful attitude, and the way they ignore you and carry on a conversation is quite normal.

Mind you, every cloud has a silver lining. The best thing about visiting Pak n Save is NOT being asked by the robot behind the till ......'how's your day been'....... this is something that drives me up the wall. As if they give a toss, they're just programmed to say it ........... arghhhhhhhh it makes me mad !!!!!!!!!!!

Diny
    Last edited by Diny; 27th May 2006 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_the_engineer
    Perhaps they have a really mean boss or something that makes them all so grumpy.
    Well it is know locally as Pack'n'Slave

Hi,

I think the reason I was so surprised by the Palmy branch is because it’s so different to the Pack n Save in Napier.
    They are as friendly and helpful there as any other shop.

I was in the Napier pack n save the other day looking at the tomatoes. I pointed out to my wife that they were cheaper on the vine, than off (thinking it a little strange). The shop assistant who was stood near by came over and said (with a smile)“that’s because they are coming round to change the prices, the price of tomatoes has gone up, but they haven’t changed the on-vine price yet, so grab them while you can”

Perhaps it’s because quite a lot of the local jobs are seasonal, and retail jobs are harder to get here.

Bob

Is there something in the water at Palmy?????????

- does it share the water with Asshurts? Sorry Diny, can't get that out of my head since Mark typed it that way on msn

Steve i actually wrote that word
    Asshurts
    on the envelope when i was about to send a cheque to Diny, luckily noticed at the last second and crossed it out

Kim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast