Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tranzfers - A little warning

Default Tranzfers - A little warning

I discovered this weekend, that if you want to do the transfer yourself ( so you wait for an exchange rate), you can't do a transfer over a weekend.

Just a little warning in case anyone else has to wait 2 days!!

Good tip Dawn!!

Steve

I've just transfered our money today...god I hope these guys don't rip me off !

They won't rip you off, I've done 5 transfers now and all of them have gone like clockwork (except when I wanted to do it on a weekend!).

hey thanks for the re-assurance. It was a bit of a headache this morning when I was doing the chaps payment and all I could think of was ' are these guys gonna run off with all our money ' !

No problem, it's worrying when you do large amounts. My first one was only £200, I had to make sure it went ok. When we do our transfers, it usually shows in our Kiwibank account within 12 hours.

yes, I think I ought to have done that too small transfers first, but I guess I got a little fazed when the exchange rate dropped from $3.05 to $2.91 in about 3-4 days. So I booked a transfer for a whopping amount of cash.
    I'm still anxious about it now...and wont know if it hits the account til tomorrow night Uk time.

Oh well, these things have to be done I guess.

I just checked our timings, I made a transfer at 8.0 PM on Monday and it hit our bank account at 10am on Wednesday, so you should know tomorrow morning. I have email notification set up to let me know when a deposit over $500 goes in, so I don't have to keep logging into internet banking to check, that was a little bit more peace of mind.

You know I havent got an internet banking account set up yet for NZ. I rang the national bank directly and setup the accounts over the phone. I think I'll look into getting the internet side of it setup.. thanks dawn for the advice !

I was able to set my internet banking account up over the phone with Kiwibank, I have to say, they were brilliant. Banking over there is very different and I got confused a number of times!

The best thing about having the internet banking is that I was able to set up what they call an online call account, which is currently giving me (fantastic) 7.2% interest and I couldn't have done that without the internet access.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast