Thread: ASB Stuff - UK only

Default ASB Stuff - UK only

First of all thankyou everyone for your help with ASB in the past.

I do have another few questions.

I have tried calling the ASB on both their number on the back of the leaflet I got from NZIS and from their website.

All I can say at this stage is that given this is the third time I have tried and called, their relationship manager has a lot to answer for.

Anyway, my questions:

I realise that to transfer funds from the UK to NZ costs £15 (below £30,000).

Can I, with an omni account, transfer money back to the UK?

I have a halifax bank account that has direct debits that need paying, what is the best and cheapest way of transferring NZ funds to my halifax account?

Quote Originally Posted by karlbridges
    First of all thankyou everyone for your help with ASB in the past. I do have another few questions. I have tried calling the ASB on both their number on the back of the leaflet I got from NZIS and from their website. All I can say at this stage is that given this is the third time I have tried and called, their relationship manager has a lot to answer for. Anyway, my questions:

I realise that to transfer funds from the UK to NZ costs £15 (below £30,000). Can I, with an omni account, transfer money back to the UK?

I have a halifax bank account that has direct debits that need paying, what is the best and cheapest way of transferring NZ funds to my halifax account?
    You can transfer money from and to anywhere. Some areas may involve more paperwork, but this is one of the advantages of having an international account with a so called "offshore" bank. You will and should be able to do it online, with the usal amount being about 25GBP per transaction.

Provided you declare your interest for tax purposes, on the offshore account to whichever country is taxing you, you should have nothing to worry about.

"Offshore", conjures(?) up ideas of tax evasion, etc, but if handled correctly, can be a legit and flexible approach to dealing with you international finances.

You will normally need the SWIFT code for the transaction and the address of the bank. Just call the bank for this...

WOS