Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auckland serviced apartments?

Default Auckland serviced apartments?

Folks,

I was wondering if anyone had ever used the below website for an Auckland serviced apartment?

http://www.aptsinakld.co.nz

Basically I'm trying to find a place for a couple for the first few weeks of arrival until we can find an unfurnished place to rent.

Initially I was thinking of a motel but at 90-100 dollars a night, I was thinking that I could get a serviced apartment for the same price.

This site has some nice places, alot very expensive but I was wondering if anyone had ever used them. I'm trying to figure out if they are a con or not.

Cheers
    Starkhorn

hi
    sorry, no personal experience using this site, but it looks legit, and the apartments do actually exist.

Well the prices for Quay West on there are damn good - its usually about 300+

Ive stayed in teh Heritage - which is very nice and has a rooftop pool (though probably not a lot of use at the moment), but mostly I try and get into The City Life (its the same company as the heritage). City Life is not quite as posh as the heritage in looks - but has all the same facilities - kitchen area, washer / dryer. Main difference is City Life has a dning table in the 1bed suites, whereas Heritage only has a coffee table. City Life also has an indoor pool. I can highly recommend staying there: its a really good hotel, and its just off Queen Street Near Victoria St. Handy for the Sky Tower.

Ok thanks folks. If you have any other recommendations on where a couple could stay for the first few weeks then I'd much appreciate it.

Cheers
    Starkhorn

I would recommend this place : COLUMBARD

New Zealand's most contemporary accommodation choice - a globally inspired Sleeping Studio™ can be all yours from just NZ$295* for a 1 week stay. 18 floors of Sleeping Studios™ right in the heart of Auckland City. Many have extraordinary views across the city. Small but perfectly formed, they have everything you need from washing-machine dryer to a kitchenette!
    * include unlimited internet access

Click on our name to visit our Web site : http://www.columbard.com/

Email
    Make an enquiry with Columbard Sleeping Studios™
    Phone
    +64 9 308 9140
    Toll Free
    0800 COLUMBARD (0800 265 862) (only within NZ)
    Facsimile
    +64 9 308 7200
    Address
    20 Wyndham Street, Auckland, New Zealand

OMG - that sounds so weird!

The developer build Columbard as temporary accommodations for Auckland CBD workers who do not want the long daily commute to work.

Columbard is the skinniest building in Auckland and here is the pic : http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=194844

Thanks Singtel, wow that building is really thin indeed.
    So from the website, it's not actually opened up yet? If so then where did you get those prices from?

Cheers
    Starkhorn

Quote Originally Posted by Avalon
    Well the prices for Quay West on there are damn good - its usually about 300+

Ive stayed in teh Heritage - which is very nice and has a rooftop pool (though probably not a lot of use at the moment), but mostly I try and get into The City Life (its the same company as the heritage). City Life is not quite as posh as the heritage in looks - but has all the same facilities - kitchen area, washer / dryer. Main difference is City Life has a dning table in the 1bed suites, whereas Heritage only has a coffee table. City Life also has an indoor pool. I can highly recommend staying there: its a really good hotel, and its just off Queen Street Near Victoria St. Handy for the Sky Tower.
    Thanks Avalon, yeah Quay West looks nice indeed although I'm still trying to get something a bit cheaper if possible.

I'll check out the city life though, thanks.

ok sorry singtel, I was able to find the prices and more info on the below page....I couldn't see to get to it via the columbard.com site though.

http://www.columbard.com/default.asp?sectionID=1

So you've stayed there? If so then would you know if the kitchenette is fully equipped or is it just a sink and a microwave?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast