Thread: Recommended NZ mover companies

Default Recommended NZ mover companies

Folks,

We are preparing for shipping companies to come to our place to provide us with a quote. One of the things that I want to time is that we don't want to use NZ Van Lines (Thx Avalon!!) on the NZ side.

The question they are likely to ask is, well who do you want us to use? So I was wondering did anyone have any good experiences with NZ moving companies or could recommend one? Ideally one that won't try to add additional fees from nowhere or one that doesn't do the MAF fees scam....or does such a company not exist?

Cheers
    Starkhorn

Folks,

Just wondering but can I pay MAF inspection fees directly to MAF rather than the shipping company?

I'm contacting MAF but I was wondering if anyone knew? If a shipping company says otherwise then are they trying a scam?

Cheers
    Starkhorn

The Moving Company were very good for us.

Quote Originally Posted by starkhorn
    Folks,

Just wondering but can I pay MAF inspection fees directly to MAF rather than the shipping company?

I'm contacting MAF but I was wondering if anyone knew? If a shipping company says otherwise then are they trying a scam?

Cheers
    Starkhorn
    Yes.

The best thing is to TELL the shippers you use that you will be paying MAF direct when they arrive to inspect at your house. You can pay MAF there and then or they will send you an invoice, but make sure they don't send it via the shipper.

I'm sure the shipper will tell you it will be quicker if MAF go to their yard and inspect there etc etc. They will then add their fee onto the MAF one.

But just have a read through some of the MAF/shippers threads on here and stand your ground. At the 1st opportunity contact MAF when you and your stuff arrive and reiterate what you want.

I make no apologies for this sounding like a rant but many of us have been caught this way. It doesn't matter it it is a $100 or $1000, it's hitting you when you are vunerable, wanting your stuff, fed up with upheaval and don't have the time or energy to argue wit a brick wall. I tried so hard with our shipper to get to the bottom of it, they refused to talk to me and in their last email told me to p$$$ off.

We used The Moving Company, and also payed for MAF through them, no problems at all, they were great!