Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passport Renewal.......

Default Passport Renewal.......

Hi All.

Before we got PR, I was so obsessed with getting it, that I never gave any thought to the passports that those illusive little blue stickers would be stuck into !!

My OH U.K passport is due for renewal in 2 years time, so we are thinking that we will renew it before we get our 'stickers', but that in itself made me ponder.........What do you do when you are on PR in NZ and your British passport runs out ??

Where/how do you renew it ??

Julie

xx

Would like ot know the answer to that one myself? Do you have to have so many years left on your passport before you can be granted PR? Both the kids ones run out in 2 years.

Julie

I haven't done it yet but I understand that if you are in NZ you apply for your UK PP just as if you were in the UK, with all the forms and documents etc that you usually need to show.

Then your new PP is sent off to NZIS to get the visa's inserted again.

That sounds so simple doesn't it? I'll let you know if it works in 18 months.

D x

Default been there doing that

hello i have done that too .i got pr ,then realised my passport runs out next year. I am in NZ and was a bit worried but apparently i can apply to our embassy here or send to passport agency in england and then send my new passport to the nz officials for my pr stickers transferring but its all a lot more complicated than just getting a new passport before hand i wish i had done that now but didnt realise they put the visas in our british passports. i,d say if you can get a new one before you get your blue stickers it will save a lot of hassle. But the nz immigration had noticed and sent me a note telling me i could transfer my visa when i renewed my passport so im not to worried.Cardy

Good questions. Does anyone know if they have special circumstances for dual citizenship (2 passports)? I imagine NZIS just ignores the one passport and focuses on the passport for the country that you seem most "attached" to.

Wonder if NZIS have a charge for that too? They seem to charge for most other things - would be interesting too.

Steve

...your visa label wil be replaced to the new passport...it will cost you 60 NZ$

Can't answer the dual passport question, sorry, but once we were granted PR, our case officer contacted us to suggest we renewed my passport as it had just over a year to run, and they were issuing us a 2 year Returning Resident's Visa. They didn't explicity say you MUST renew it, but seemed keen for us to do so. If I remember right, the new passport was with me within a week of applying! (Mind you, it was November, so probably not peak time!)

Gil

Don't know how you go about getting a new passport and visa once in NZ but like others we were advised that we should have at least two yrs on our passports before putting them into NZIS for the visa.
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by smiler

That sounds so simple doesn't it? I'll let you know if it works in 18 months.

D x

Oh please let it be that easy, 'cos if it is that simple Deborah, its the only thing connected to NZIS that is !!

Julie

xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast