Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Btec Hnd

Default Btec Hnd

I am teetering on the edge of completing my EOI (work gets in the way!) and am hoping to rely on getting 50 points for a BTEC Higher National Diploma I took in '94 in Applied Biology. I don't actually work in the sciences.

Has anyone any experience of whether I'll get the 50 or not?

Very new to all this. Excellent site with some extremely helpful people.

So glad I found it.

Also very keen to hear from any Legal Execs out there who have already relocated to NZ or are making the move now...

Thanks

Steve

In answer to your questions Steve - absolutely no idea whatsoever !!

Just wanted to say WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

Julie
    xx

Hi Julie

Thanks for the welcome.

I am hoping the answer re HND is yes as I have seen instances where people with OND/Cs get 50 points and "H" is the next step up so far as the BTEC qualification goes. However, its jungle of jargon and legislation so I thought I'd put the feelers out before committing to paying up for the assessment.

This is a brilliant forum and I'm going to be checking in regularly until I get to NZ - and I WILL get there somehow!

Quote Originally Posted by StevenC
    Has anyone any experience of whether I'll get the 50 or not?
    Hi Steve,

I got 50 points for HND in Computer Science, so HND is definitly recognised by NZIS.

Hope that helps,

Regards,
    Paul

Hi Steve
    My OH is in the process of getting his HNC in Building Studies pre-assessed by NZQA so I will let you know the outcome. Should be in the next few days.

Oh and BTW, welcome to the forum.

Steve, I got 50 for my HNC. I think the EOI completion notes on the NZIS website have a list in there somewhere for the subjects that don't need accreditation by NZQA. Could save yourself and awful lot of bother and cash too. Have a good scour on the NZIS site - it can be tedious but worth it.

Steve - oh, welcome and good luck!!

Hi Steve,

My hubby got 50 points for his HND Finance & Tourism (got it in '98?) - for us getting these points finally put a value on this qualification as he's not working in that sector at all!! Good luck.

Babette

Thanks all for your replies, really encouraging and lifted my spirits heaps on what is turning out to be a very hectic day!

I saw on NZIS that HNDs are given a 50 point value in certain subjects, though Applied Biology isn't listed.

Would you advise that I get it pre-assessed prior to submitting the EOI or just assume that its worth 50 and hope that is the case when the EOI goes off for assessment?

Assumption is a dangerous thing and a hundred quid is....well, a hundred quid!!

Hmmm... that is a tricky one Steven, that one would be up to you I'm afraid.

Hi Steve
    My husband's HND is not on the list and we're getting it pre-assessed. Will let you know how we get on in next few days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast