Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Btec Hnd

Hi Steve,
    Don't assume anything when it comes to the EOI, we learned very expensive and painful lessons via such. Now the only way I can get in is with a job offer, and I feel like my first application is 'scarred'. Good luck though, and read every LONG form you can, especially with things like 'future growth areas'.
    Best,
    SoCal Gal

Thumbs up Assumptions

Have slept on it and decided that as assumption is the mother of all cock-ups I am going to dot every "i" and cross every "t", check, re-check and check again before that 'submit' button is pressed!

Research, research, research........

After all, that's what I'm paid to do for clients, I should know better and do likewise for myself!

It's away!

Just sent off the pre-assessment for the HND, didn't realise I completed it so long ago! 1994 seems so recent!

Fingers crossed now.

Pinkpiggy - did you hear anything back yet re your husband's application for pre-assessment?

Best wishes all

Steve

You think that's bad, I finshed mine in 1988!!! Good luck

Steve

E-mail back from NZQA today, EXACTLY ten days after posting by e-mail.

They have assessed my HND as "Level 6".....

Now to check where that gets me on the EOI. If anyone knows off the top of their head in the meantime, do shout.

Best wishes all

Steve

HI there
    i only had a diploma in management level 4 but i got 50 points for it and they actually classed it as a level 5 in busines NZ Cheers Cardy

StevenC : Congratulations.

We're still waiting to hear about OH's. It's 3 weeks tomorrow since we posted on-line. They have taken the money out of our account though (15th June).

Well, at last I have something to report on OH's qualification and it's good news. After almost 4 weeks and not a word, we rang NZQA last night. Apparently they have sent us the results twice but we didn't get anything.

Anyway, his HNC Building Studies, is assessed at Level 5 and therefore receives 50 points.

Woo hoo...

So last night we submitted our EOI with 130 points. I think we may have just missed a selection .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12