Thread: UK Pet flight prices for cats & dogs please

Default UK Pet flight prices for cats & dogs please

Hi All

New to the board and in the early stages. Love reading all your messages and getting ideas. Hoping to come out and look for jobs before shipping pets and house contents in Jan 07. Hubby has had one telephone interview in IT, still awaiting news. EOI (not submitted yet) points below 100 so need that job!

My question is we have 2 dogs each 60kg with cages and 4 cats each 10kg with cages (estimate) We need to travel via UK as our plane has to go that way to get to NZ, as we are in a non recognised Country. We can pay excess baggage on first leg to UK. So I need a rough price for a cat and a dog for above sizes for a flight from UK to NZ Auckland. Prices not released yet for jan 07 flights

Its becoming the nightmare from hell as although we would love to take all of them, we are not rich by any means, and it looks like roughly £9k all in!

If it's too expensive we will have to find homes for the cats unfortunately, have already started their jabs and chips process. But want to find them really nice homes so more time the better.

Any help really really appreciated

Angela & Glenn
    North Cyprus

Hi Angela and Glenn

I'm sorry I'm petless so can't help at all really.

I just wanted to say welcome to the forum.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
    Can't tell u a huge amount,but we are taking our Golden Retriever bitch with us from the UK to AKL, and the cost is £2356 with Golden Arrow.
    Chosen them after reading peoples reviews on the forums saying how good they are.
    Have n't booked it as yet but hopefully flying out August '06,as long as visas come through!
    Good luck!

Welcome to the forum.
    Im not sure how much help I can be because I don't know if Cyprus is excempt from quarantine in the UK or NZ.
    Your animals, if shipped from the UK would have had to be resident in the UK for 60 days prior and not been in quarantine in the UK for at least 2 months. That is not to say that they can't be shipped from Cyprus to NZ via the UK if that is the route you wish to take.
    The UK shippers that Ive talked to are not interested in the weight of my dog (70kg) but need to know his size and that determins the size of the container they need to use and the cost.
    I have been in touch with Par Air parair@btconnect.com tel; 01206 330332 and Goldern Arrow tel; 01588680240. Try contacting them for a price.
    Debbie

Hi I came out in oct 05 with my 2 dogs whom are lab size and 4 cats. Golden arrow arranged everything for me and they all stayed up there for 3 weeks before departure. This cost me 6,300. I can highly reccomend them.

GA 1 dog dalmation 2,363
    GA is the choice of most to move their pets, lots of reasons but their knowledge etc are rarely surpased and most feel safe with them. they have no email and can be phoned on 01 588 680 240. jane

We are heading out to NZ late August and taking our black lab with us as well. After getting a lot of quotes and speaking to alot of people we are going with Golden Arrow as well. Feel really comfortable with them and the testimonials are excellent. Also they'll collect her from us (at a cost of course) and keep her with them for a few days before leaving and complete the tests and get her used to her shipping crate. Total price including collection £2300ish, we've just got to set the date and we're off.
    Lynne

Unhappy Thanks for replies

Hi again

Thank you for all the post. I am living in North Cyprus, we have to take the pets on a non stop plane to UK and change planes there. We have to use Cyprus Turkish Airlines as it the only carrier which does not change planes at Istanbul So it excess baggage for pets and ony max 3 at a time, they only fly one plane every Monday to UK Heathrow. So we have to accompany 3 at a time twice with the extra flight cost. Then I will get my travel agent to book flight on from there if they will let him. I am doing all the paperwork myself and vets doing test. As we are not recognised as a Country imbargoes etc I have been emailing MAF constantly, it's a nightmare. I am trying to work out flight cost as they have not issued Jan 07 prices yet.

So its take all the pets or just the dogs, a VERY big decision as I want to take them all! But it's looking like plus £9000 which is too much for us. They have to do 30 days quarantine in NZ as well. I have started all the processes, just need to find homes looking at your figures. We gained all the pets here, strays are everywhere. Got one cat whilst out for a meal, called Noodles, bet you know what we eating.