Thread: Washing Machines!

Default Washing Machines!

One for the ladies probably!
    Going to order and bring a new washing machine over to NZ,just looking on the internet at some and picked 3.
    Which model do u think if we need to get it repaired further down the road, would be easier to get parts or sort in NZ?
    Either Zanussi,Hotpoint or Hoover.
    Unless anyone else can chip in with one.
    Just been looking on Currys website at those ones,as def want 1600 spin plus few extras!
    Many thanks
    Mel

Hi Jameelka

Bit of a discussion in the media here in NZ at the mo,

No warranties on Imports because they are seen as 2nd hand goods (unless bought from an approved agent, that is approved by the manufacturer) it’s centred around trademe, but I guess it’s similar.

Why not just buy one here?

Bob

PS I have a samsung bigwash that I brought with me http://www.appliancesonline.co.uk/ before leaving the UK

Hi Jameelka

I have an Indesit washer dryer ( cost 500 quid) which hadn't seen its first birthday when we came here. http://www.indesit.co.uk/indesit/pro...ductId=30567UK

I wouldn't have considered bringing it but we left to quickly to sell it.

Just out of warranty the inlet valve packed up. I got a repair man out in welly (Brilliantly named Fozzy Guzzo) he didn't have a part but offered to get one from somewhere but it would take a while. He fixed it so that it still worked by fiddling around with the innards.He said it would be easier for me to order from the Uk which I am in the process of doing.

I will try and buy online, although the indesit/hotpoint website is poop, or get my son to obtain the part and airmail it to me.

The price of front loaders is coming down though here, so check into what you need and then if purchased here you should have your warranty. I've seen some for $800-900.

If I can help with checking out prices, let me know.
    Last edited by Smiler; 3rd July 2006 at 07:04 AM. Reason: addition

Thanks Smiler and Bob.
    I have a Zanussi at the mo,had it about 3yrs and it's been really good.
    Looking at the same sort of thing, and I can get a decent one for just under £300,so think i'll risk buying a new one in the UK and keep my fingers crossed it lasts a good while!

If you know anybody with a Makro trade card, ask them to get you one coz they got some great Hoover washing machines there around the £100 mark. For that price you not so worried if it goes belly up - although Hoover parts should be easily available.

Steve