Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skinhead racist move

Default Skinhead racist move

I have heard that there is a racist group in New Zealand called Skinheads. Have anyone heard about this group? and is there much problems caused by them??

HI

We lived in the south island for a year back in 2001/2002, returned end of 2004 and never heard of them? Mind you saying that the mongel mob are quite famous and we never heard/came across them either!

Where did you hear about them?

CHeers
    Jane

Quote Originally Posted by janeb
    HI

Where did you hear about them?

CHeers
    Jane

I have heard from a friend who is living in NZ, as well as some info in the web. See the following:
    http://tinyurl.com/2o7vog
    http://www.newcriminologist.co.uk/ne...?id=1118415137

I've seen some skinhead 'looking' yobs about but put it down to more of a (very tragic) fashion sense rather than an actual 'racist gang'.

Racism does exist over here - the same as everywhere else.

Diny

Skinheads, yeah, there are a few. You also find them in England, Europe, America, probably in asia, pretty much anywhere there are these things called Humans really. Disaffected teen/tween malcontented bully boys with nothing else to do, who look to blame their problems on any other easily identified group.
    I mean to say, skinheads were an original invention of britain weren't they? Then similarly idiotic thugs here in NZ thought (such as their limited abilities in this department allowed them to at least) they would look cool if they did the same.

Now, let's see, I have lived in NZ for all my 44 years. Number of Skinheads I have met..... 0
    Number of skinheads I have seen.... 0
    Huge social problem and threat to civilised society quotient...... 0

I think there may be a few dozen in the whole country, when the media has nothing else to scare folks about, they will dredge people like this out to have their 5 minute rave over.

Is there racism in NZ? Definitely. Is there racism in every other country in the world? Definitely. Is it a driving force in NZ? Don't think so.

Cheers, Stu.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Stu
    Is there racism in NZ? Definitely. Is there racism in every other country in the world? Definitely. Is it a driving force in NZ? Don't think so.
    Cheers, Stu.
    That’s how i see it too:
    You can not avoid it – you (government and the people) can only try to handle it in the best possible way. And don’t react with aggressions, because that only causes aggressive acts again. Information and education is the way!

There are a few groups, they are VERY small and fragmented. If you want info for your interest I can give you tons, if you just want reassurance I'll tell you that they're MUCH less prominent than in many other countrys and you're unlikely to have any problems.

I am (physically) a skinhead becasue I shave all my hair off. I get a lot of strange looks when I go to NZ from people.

Quote Originally Posted by pleccy2000
    I am (physically) a skinhead becasue I shave all my hair off. .
    Hey hey ... I'm married to a half skinhead !!!!!

Which just goes to show that you cant judge people by thier looks. Not all skinheads are bad people. Some have cancer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast